Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board buttons for filtering?

Lukasz March 25, 2021

Hello All,

I'd like to have a button at the top of one of my boards to act as a trigger to filter/unfilter the whole board by a label, or other custom criteria. I'd like this button to appear for other team members, who can each cutsomise the button for their own preferred criteria.

I'd also like a button trigger to filter for cards assigned to myself. I'm currently doing this by going to menu and searching for myself to filter, and clicking the green button "search results" to unfilter, but would like a permanent button.

Thanks for any suggestions how to do it

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Lukasz you can't do this with a board button, but when you apply a filter to a board, it's shown in the URL, so if you wanted to you could have a card with a bunch of those links on it and click them to see the various filters you wanted 

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

It doesn't look like it's possible for now. You could type "Q" which would filter for cards with you as a member. If you're looking to have filtered views for each team member, there are alternatives:

1. Team tables - this gives allows you to pull cards from one or many boards into a table view which you can filter.

2. Create boards for each team member and then sync cards from the main board to each individual's board using Unito. When connecting the main board to someone else's board, you would create unique rules based on what cards they need to see synced to their personal board. If you have cards assigned to you across many boards, you could also consolidate cards from multiple boards into your one personal board, meaning you just need to work out of one board, and you only see the cards you need to see, allowing you to have a more focused view. Any change you make to cards on your personal board will sync back to the original cards.

0 votes
krysalead March 25, 2021

Don't look possible from my knowledge, but look like a nice feature :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events