Board button to copy specific checklist title from multiple cards and create one new card

L C August 17, 2020

Hello,

The lists on my boards contain some checklists that I have titled "prep." I need to create a board button that will either copy each of these checklists and place them into one card on a new list in a different board *OR* will make a copy of each card and place it into a new list on a different board. Either option should work. 

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

@L C I'm not sure whether you're talking about checklists or cards (because lists can't contain checklists), but probably what you want to do is copy a bunch of cards to another list on another board based on a filter, using these options:

2020-08-18 at 1.44 pm.png

L C August 23, 2020

Thanks a bunch, this is super helpful!

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Bioy Felner November 8, 2020

Hi, i'm trying to select multiple Trello cards (to simultaneously move them to another list or add to all of them a label at once) and I came across this thread here, but @Iain Dooley I don 't understand how you get to the screen that you copied here and marked in red. could you please tell me how to get there from any board? 

Thank you very much,

Bioy 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2020
Like Bioy Felner likes this
Bioy Felner November 11, 2020

@Iain Dooley thanks! I tried it in Butler and it worked, but although I wrote the command 'link the cards together' when I make changes or delete the card in the board that I applied the action to, it doesn't make the changed or is deleted in the original cards to which I applied the trigger.

Is there any way to write a command in Butler, that will not only copy the card to another board in a list I specify, but also that will enable me to sync between the original card and the new card created by Butler, so that changes in any of the two will be mirrored in the other? 

Thank you so much! 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2020

@L C there is, but you have to create multiple commands and it's unlikely to work as completely as you would like. If you want to sync cards, try Unito or Placker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events