Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Search Not Working

Edward_A December 16, 2019

Hi There,

When I do a search on using the universal search for 8303, it works and I get the information that I want. See the this screen print - https://www.screenpresso.com/=7I8S

However, when I search the specific board for 8303, nothing shows up. See this screen print - https://www.screenpresso.com/=g5sgc

It would be really great to be able to search by board.

2 answers

0 votes
Edward_A December 17, 2019

Anyone?  This is really frustrating as the same thing is happening in the mobile app.

It seems like it only searches the title instead of everything.

For instance, I put "nextaction" without quotes in a checklist.

It won't find it.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Edward_A 

I've now tried it on mine and that's correct, it searches in the title and not the content.

This is a search across all my boards for traditional:

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 17.41.17.pngAnd this is the board specific search:

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 17.41.51.pngAs you can see, it'll find it across all boards, but not in the actual board that it's in.

I would recommend you contact Trello and put in a request for this feature here.

Esme 

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Edward_A 

I know it's silly, but have you got a space before 8303 or two spaces after? There isn't really any reason that it shouldn't find it because it's found it across all boards, so I would hazard that something could be wrong in the search field, or the card has been moved/archived from the board?

Esme :)

Edward_A December 16, 2019

Thanks for replying. 

I double checked everything.

I have it. Entered exactly like the universal search. 

Nothing is archived. 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events