Are you in the loop? Keep up with the latest by making sure you're subscribed to Community Announcements. Just click Watch and select Articles.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Billings for team of two startup so two workspaces - disappointed.

Edited

The Trello billing system is an absolute mess, and it's not at all clear how it works. This lack of clarity leads to continuous unwanted charges, which I find unacceptable and non-transparent. I even had to request a refund.

Now, let me tell you about my situation. We are a team of 5 people from two different startups. Members of team 1-2-3 each pay for a standard or premium subscription to access their workspace 'A,' while members of team 4-5 do the same for workspace 'B.' There are n.2 Boards in total, one on WS 'A', and one on WS 'B'.

However, members of team 1-2-3 actively participate in workspace 'B' to help with the startup's development. But if these members are already standard or premium users for their workspace (with their single board - worth mention it), do they have to pay twice to access the features of workspace 'B'? If so, why should they have to pay again to access the features of workspace 'B'?

Question 2: what is the difference if they are guests on the workspace 'B'?

Question 3: Should we (team member 4-5) join their workspace, delete our WS and give them cash to avoid double charges?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Feb 19, 2023

Hi @Matteo - welcome to the Community!

I can see you have a ticket open with my colleague Cody currently, but I'm happy to address this in the Community to for others who stumble across this question.

I guess the simple answer to this question is that we do not recommend that you upgrade more than one workspace, as yes, this leads to you getting charged more, as you have to pay for every billable user on each workspace. You have two separate subscriptions, the fact that you're paying for a billable user on one does not cancel out that you have to pay for a billable user on the other.

It's my recommendation that you have one workspace upgraded, move all your boards and users into that workspace, and utilise the Collections feature (Premium) to categorise your boards inside that workspace: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-collections-for-premium-workspaces/

Otherwise, if you hit the minimum user count required for Enterprise (50 billable users), you can reach out to our sales team, and ask to start an Enterprise subscription which allows you to have multiple workspaces under one Enterprise umbrella. However, based on your description, it's sounding like you don't have the number of users required for that, so we would recommend you do the former solution - have only one workspace upgraded. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events