Best tool for capturing screenshot and creating Trello cards

Emilio Gagliardi May 10, 2018

Hi Gurus,

I'd like to know what people are using for taking screenshots in Chrome and creating Trello cards from them. I'm a web developer, so I'm constantly taking screenshots. Currently, I'm using the Chrome extension, "awesome screenshot" and it works great, but as far as I can tell there is no way to integrate the output directly to trello. You have to save the file locally, and then go through the manual process of attaching the image to a card.

I notice that marker.io seems to appear everywhere, but I don't like the idea of signing up for an additional service that I have to pay for to remove ads, and I do not want to deal with ads while taking screenshots.

I'm comfortable using Zapier if that's the only way to achieve this easily.

Thank you kindly for any guidance.

4 answers

0 votes
Eric Uhland September 13, 2020

By far greenshot, free, simple and fast to use. We searched yrs for this and greeshot by far.  We like so much we donate money to support them

0 votes
Amos August 19, 2020

I used Capture for Trello for a long time with excellent results. Since the last update it would not let me capture without getting a marker.io account which I am not interested in. Is there a solution or workaround?

0 votes
Jennifer Casler March 1, 2020

The chrome extension Capture for Trello works great. A card pulls out from the side of your screen, and you can even add in details, like the URL, or any other comments you would like, without jumping into the trello board.

0 votes
Larry Keyes May 11, 2018

SnagIt.  -- costs a bit but is really worth it.   They have a trial version.  

Emilio Gagliardi May 11, 2018

Thank you Larry :) I've looked into SnagIt and a few other options. Right now, the easiest and cheapest solution is to use Awesome Screenshot. With the free version, I can save the screenshots to my GDrive and copy a link from there. 

And when I paste that link into Trello, the image auto-populates so I'm good.

Warmly,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events