Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base due date coloring on calendar day not 24 hour period?

Mike Perry June 17, 2021

It seems like, by default, Trello colors cards yellow when the due date is 24 hours or less away and red if they're 0 hours (or less) away.

Is there any way to change this so that the card shows yellow if its due date is on the current calendar day (regardless of how many hours away) and red if its due date is on a previous calendar day?

So, e.g., if a card is due June 17th, it would show yellow on June 17th between 12am and 11:59pm and then show red on June 18th and onward.

I *feel* like Trello did this by default in the past by default but that the default changed recently?

EDIT: I guess one solution for me would be to have all cards set to 11:59pm on the specified due date by default. Any way to do that without having to manually set that every time you set a due date on a card?

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

We don't have a way to change that behavior at the moment, but as you mentioned, it's based on the status of that card. Red for overdue, Yellow for Due soon which is less than 24 hours away.

The only way to manipulate that is as you suggested - using the Due Time. The nice thing is that when you set a Due Time, it will default to the same time the next time you set one so you don't need to manually change that each time, but if it's critical for you, then it's always worth checking!

Mike Perry June 22, 2021

Thanks -- if I set one card to 11:59 then it will set the rest to 11:59 by default the next time, except if I close the window it resets and starts setting it to the current time (on the specified day) instead. 

So it's a partial solution but I'm closing windows a lot so still not great.

Would be great to see this added as an option for people like me who work more day to day than hour to hour!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events