Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background sync in Android Trello app

Dmitry Velikanov July 9, 2020

Hello!

Every time I open board in Android Trello app I need to wait 5-10 seconds for the board to sync with server. Is there a way to make it sync in background process, so I can use my boards immediately when I open them?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2020

Hi @Dmitry Velikanov 

Welcome to the Community, it's great to have you here!

Have you checked your phone settings? I know that on some phones there's a 'background refresh' option and you can turn specific apps on in there. I'm wondering if maybe Trello isn't on the list on your phone to refresh in the background?

If you could have a look and see if that's what's stopping it, but if not, just let us know and we can try something else!

Esme :)

Dmitry Velikanov July 12, 2020

Thanks for your answer @Esme Crutchley 

I think there is no problem with my phone settings. Background data usage for Trello is enabled, I receive notifications on Due Dates even when phone is locked and Do Not Disturb mode enabled.

I even tried making one board "available offline" with hope that it'll make it update in background, but that hasn't helped.

I don't see any setting in Trello app for background refresh, so I wonder if all this is default supposed behavior, or there is actually a problem on my side.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2020

No problem @Dmitry Velikanov 

I'll be honest, I have the same problem in iOS, especially when I've been working on a board all day and there's loads to update.

Like you, I've got everything turned on to update and sync in the background, but often I have to go to the board, click on the cog, and push 'sync' for it to actually do it. 

It seems that when I'm on WiFi it has a problem, but when I'm on 4G it doesn't, which is odd!

I'll raise this with the peeps at Trello/Atlassian and see if it's a known issue, I believe someone else mentioned it before, so I'll let them know and see if there's anything either of us can do to get it to behave!

Esme :)

Like Dmitry Velikanov likes this
Dmitry Velikanov July 12, 2020

Thank you! 😀

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hi there,

Would you mind reaching out to trello.com/contact with the App Version as well as OS version, so we can take a closer look and see what might be causing that delay.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events