cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - custom html email report fine tunning

Dmitry Kasatkin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2023

Hello, there. Are there anyone who could help me to troubleshoot? My html custom report doesn't follow my custom pattern.

Before possting I've already read this guide 

My process:

I set up simple custom email report of card due less than 7 days

when I do it without html I'm getting correct result in terms of pattern (Time, DayofWeek, Labels, Cardname(link attached)

My current working version: 

Screenshot_59.png

Then I update msg report variable in order to get html form of report. 

To it {$nextweekdue} appending this {$nextweekdue_html}

and get this html result, which ignores my custom patter:

Screenshot_58.png

This is my rule: 

Screenshot_60.png

What am I missing or how I can fix it? I'd like your help, guys)  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mutya A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2023

Hi Dmitry,

Unfortunately, the {$nextweekdue_html} HTML reports have their own standard pattern, and it overwrites any pattern you might set as a parameter to generate the report. So if you need any information that is not displayed in the HTML pattern, you must use the regular text reports {$nextweekdue} in order to be able to customize your own.

You can look at the format from the screenshot shown here:
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-reports-with-butler/#How-to-use-a-pattern-to-customize-your-report 

We will take note to update the documentation explaining the _html so it's not confusing.

Hope this helps!

If this post helps your query, then please consider Accept answer to help the other users find it more quickly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events