Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating field values

Jared Isch February 6, 2020

I'm wondering if it's possible to automate the value of a field based on selections from a couple of custom fields.

For example, you have a field like scope (high / med / low) number of affected users (1, 2, 3)

then if scope is x and affected users is y then priority would be z.  Can you do something like this with just custom fields powerup?  Or do I need an additional powerup? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi, 

You just need to prepare 9 parameter cards, 3 custom fields and one butler rule. 

• Create 3 custom fields scope, users, priority
  • Create list "Priority" which contains different parameter cards with
    • a name using this pattern scope - users (9 possible combinations) 
    • a description which contains the associated level of priority
  • Create a cardbutton which triggers this action :
lookup a card titled "{{%scope}} - {{%users}}" in list "Priority", and set custom field "priority" to "{foundcarddescription}" 

This rule allows to collect appropriate card regarding the value in custom fields scope and users, and to set the level of priority from  found card description.

Then just set custom fields scope and users, and press the card button.

Note: 9 cards can be stored in a parameter board to avoid to duplicate them in each useful board. In this case, precise in the rule the boardname. 

Jared Isch February 7, 2020

Thanks, thats working exactly how I wanted!! thanks so much!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Good news. Can you please accept the answer so that it can be referred by other users in future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events