Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating due dates based on card title

Chris R January 2, 2022

Hey all,

Currently trying to automate our Trello board where possible and was wondering if it's possible to automate the due date based on the card title.

We use our existing board to track content that requires editing. The format of the cards are:

"Editors Initials" "Publish date"

E.g. - "JS 10012022"

I already have a "due date" button created on cards which simply sets the due date 3 days from the push of the button, but that doesn't work well enough considering we schedule videos weeks in advance.

Is there a way of telling Trello to pull the date from the title and then create a due date based on it?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Hypercore Ripper ! Welcome to the community :) there is an automation rule that will do that for you. See mentioned here. You can find the trigger under the "Due Date" section in your triggers:
butler due date.PNG

However, I don't think it'll work for all date formats i.e. 05/01/2022 will work, but 05012022 may not work.

0 votes
Chris R January 2, 2022

*Alternative thoughts / ideas also greatly appreciated!

Thanks, everyone! :)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2022

@Hypercore Ripper 

There is already an automation for this. I am not at my desk but it would something that says a date is added to the card name or description. The operative word is “added”

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events