Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automatically update due dates on cards due to Board / Project start date?

Hi - I think Butler can help me do this but I'm needing some more help with a walkthrough.

I use Trello boards for client projects, and for the first 30 days we have specific cards with specific due dates dependant on the start date and I'm looking for a way to automate this.

Example;

Project starts on 1st January

First 3 cards are

Onboarding call - Day 2 of project

Get access to Google drive - Day 3 of project

Send logins for software - Day 4 of the project

I'm looking for an automation that can change the due dates on those cards to 2nd, 3rd and 4th January retrospectively.

How best can I do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Dec 19, 2021

Hi @Jackie Muscat ! It should be possible, but it may be a bit tricky to set up. You can create cascading rules with Butler automation so that when a date is set on a card, it will update the due date on another card or multiple cards. You would need to create a card called something like "Project Start Date" to be your sort of "trigger" card. When the due date is set on that card, it will start the process of updating due dates on all necessary cards.

You'll also need to relate cards together so Butler knows what cards need to be affected with the due date. One way to do this is by linking cards via the attachments. You'll also need to look at using Butler variables in order to copy the due date from one card to another. Butler doesn't allow for setting variables in the default due date, but you can achieve this using custom due dates. 

I do Trello consulting, so happy to offer a free 30 mins call if you'd like to share screens together? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events