Automatic & retrospective deadlines

Sandrine B_ February 4, 2021

Hello,

I would have liked to know if it was possible to have automatic and retrospective deadlines on Trello.

My process has several steps (represented by a column (with several tasks/cases) = one step) and each of these steps must be completed in a fixed number of days.

All my deadlines depend on a single date.

Example: Meeting date = 05/04/2021
Step 1 = needs to be completed 60 days before the date of the meeting
Step 2 = needs to be completed 30 days before the date of the meeting

Is there an add-on or a way to make this please?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

@Sandrine B_ 

A similar requirement appeared on this community a few days ago but it was on checklist item. For it to work, in at least a generic fashion, is to make first assumption that the cards are in the correct sequence behind the trigger card. The endpoint is given a series of numbers representing days from due date. Given that the endpoint had to operate with Butler and need to update the cards that it is given the authorisation ie api key and token in some way either through the call or registered with the endpoint. I have built a add-on for that but have not coded the module. I am fairly confide that it can be done. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

@Sandrine B_ 

This is quick demo of what can be achieved. 

https://www.loom.com/share/f4872882132742639461954fc420abd5

Current status : the program is completed. It is matter of deciding on the delivery. Currently, it is creating new cards instead of updating existing ones. It allows for the cards to be prepared and moved by Butler by way of Butler "collect cards" action ...etc

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2021

@Sandrine B_ 

An improved version

https://www.loom.com/share/4dda7e25d311408b87808af37eec4e71

It updates existing cards for all cards whose pos is greater than the trigger card and it uses a CF Number  "Days_Before" to determine the due date to set for the card. 

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events