Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate cards with certain label to move to specific list

Yosef Kornwasser MTA April 26, 2022

The email to board option if limited to one choice of receiving list.

I have a to do list where all emails to go. I have a separate list named "Delegated". I want to be able to send another employee a task and bcc it to the board but it should land in the "Delegated" list. I have labels that each one is the name of a different employee. I want to email the board and in the email it also create the label by adding #labelname to the subject. When it hits the board it should move to the bottom of the delegated list and set the due date in 24 hours.

Your helpful insights how to do this will be greatly appreciated!!

PS - As mentioned I have multiple employee names as labels. How can I have a shingle rule that will cover all these labels?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

@Yosef Kornwasser MTA there's a couple ways you could go about this. 

1) I don't know that the "email to board" function necessarily works with labels in gmail, so if you wanted to stick with that, you could email to board and then maybe once a day assign people tasks from the trello board? If there are keywords in the email that determine who is assigned a task, then you could create Butler rules that would look at contents of new cards added and assign a member/move to another list based on new cards that contain x/y/z words. 

2) I think you should be able to create some zaps in Zapier where when a label is applied, you can specifically create a new card in Trello for it. So you'd just create a zap for each label (unfortunately i don't think you can do a single rule for each one, because I don't think zapier has the ability to create a relationship between label and list... although i'd be happy to be wrong about that because it would be pretty useful for things like this). I will caveat this with Zapier has been weird about sending gmail data to Trello lately - something about Trello not being one of their gmail approved apps. So if that doesn't work, you might have to add an intermediary step where it drops the data into a google sheet, and THEN sends it to trello from the google sheet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events