Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate adding a person to a card if they are mentioned within in it in a comment/description etc

Lucy Warman August 1, 2022

Is there a way to automate so that if someone is mentioned (@username) on a new card (in the activity feed or description etc, wherever), they join and/or subscribe to the card automatically? I have a board with a (bluecat) form to create new cards. Via the form people are tagged in the description but the automation I currently have set up ("when I am mentioned in the description of a card by anyone, join the card, and subscribe to the card ") does not work.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

@Lucy Warman if it's working when you manually create a card and then update the description to contain your @mention, that tells me that the trigger only applies when a description is updated. If cards are created via a form, the description is pre-populated, so there is no update to the description in order to trigger your automation.

What you want is the automation to be triggered when a card is added to the board in order to account for these cards being created via the form. So something like this:

auto add member.PNG

0 votes
Lucy Warman August 1, 2022

To confirm, the automation currently on the board works for any card which has not been created via the form. If a card was crated by the form then the automation doesn't work initially, and it also doesn't work if I edit the description after it's been made.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events