Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate a 2nd date

Niki Lentz November 12, 2021

We set the DUE DATE field in the cards based on our SLA times and have a 2nd date field using CUSTOM FIELDS to track a different hard deadline date. 

I wanted to push this 2nd date to a calendar so that it will remind us 1 week before the deadline and then another one to remove the event once the card is completed.  However, because Zapier isn't able to receive information from the Power Up I cannot do it.

I do not want to spend human time manually creating and deleting the events so does anyone have any other ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2021

@Niki Lentz 

Have you tried using a proxy card to represent the 2nd deadline and create automation around it? 

Update:

Reading you post a second time, my guess is that your second deadline is a Planany CF. I am able to use the standard CF to create the proxy card.

Niki Lentz November 15, 2021

I am using the built in Custom Fields functionality (Used to be a power-up).

Can you elaborate on how to do this? 

I'm not sure if this is how but I was able to write an automation that clones the original card, sets the due date in the new card to the custom field value, links the 2 cards and then moves the new card to a separate list (to avoid confusion).

However, when the original card is completed I am not seeing a way that I can either complete the copy card or delete it.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2021

@Niki Lentz 

Almost there. You can consider adding a {newcardlink} as a CF when creating a new proxy card. That will help you find the copy and archive it. 

btw did you read my update to your post on attachments to and from your client boards and internal board. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events