Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Filling Due Dates on Checklist Items based on Project Due Date

CJ Gormley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2023

Is there a way to autofill the individual due dates for each checklist items based on the overall project due date?

For example, I have checklist items that are always due 2, 3 and 4 weeks before the project due date, is there a way for those dates to autofill once the Project Due Date is input? Or does each checklist item due date have to be entered manually?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2023

Hi @CJ Gormley 

Not easily and to be honest it was part of my inspiration behind creating this article:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Mikes-Trello-Tips-Parent-Child-Card-Linking/ba-p/2418149 

Take a look and see whether creating a parent/child approach will fit for you and unlock additional capability.  If you have any questions just @ me on here and I will try to answer promptly

Kind Regards,

Mike

CJ Gormley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2023

Thank you, Mike!

Based on your article, I'm thinking what I'm trying to do just isn't one of the capabilities of Trello. Even on some of the videos they posted on their YouTube channel, they show themselves manually adding due dates to each individual checklist item. So I'm thinking that may be what we have to do!

Oh well! Thank you so much for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events