Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Assign” tasks to unidentified persons

Donna C_ Kline
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2022

I am working on an extensive remodel and repair of a small horse farm.  I am using Trello to organize tasks by area (e.g. “front pasture”), building (e.g. “loafing shed”), or topic (e.g. plant native trees).  Sometimes, I want to be able to indicate who will do the work, even if I haven’t hired or identified the worker.  For example, some work will be done by day laborers as needed, some by a fence repair person, some by a person with a tractor, etc.  Is there any way to do this so I can search for or print out a list for that person when he or she is hired?  Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Donna C_ Kline ,

Would it work to use labels to categorize the cards based on the role (e.g. day laborer, fence repair, etc.)? The you can filter by the corresponding label.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

You can't assign things to people you have no knowledge of, you need to have created them in the system.

But putting a role on an item is the best thing you can do, as you can tell the new person to look for items with their role set and no assignee to form their work list

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2022

@Donna C_ Kline 

A Turkish client was share card to the non-Trello users using Contalist with a card like template email. It has automation for due dates, card movement and comments to activate the sharing of cards. They have a beta smart link feature that can be attached to the email to return a status to the card. It can also support different types of contacts, so in your case different people doing different work for you. Check it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events