Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are pdf attachments to a card able to be viewed without downloading the file?

Jim Thomas October 23, 2021

I used to be able to view pdf's and doc's that were uploaded attachments to cards.  Now only my linked files are able to be viewed while in the card.  The Trello Android app allows for viewing uploaded attachments, but desktop browsers do not...instead the file has to be downloaded to view.

Is there a power up feature that needs to be installed or a setting changed?  I want to view attachments quickly without having to download them to my hard drive.

Thanks for any help.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2021

Hi Jim, we've disabled PDF previews for the time being. This change is in response to a browser security vulnerability that could have (but didn't) compromise data integrity. We apologise for the inconvenience. Image and video previews continue to work as before.

Our team's already looking into how to reenable previews as securely as possible so we can get you back to working in Trello properly. 

Jim Thomas October 26, 2021

Thanks for the quick response.  Do you have any idea when this function will be restored?

Like Alex Waite likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

No ETA yet Jim, but we're aware of how important a feature this is so we're definitely working on it. However, we can't reinstall the feature if it is still going to be a security risk, so our focus is on developing a fix that is secure. 

Like Edgar likes this
Donnie Johnston January 3, 2022

Alex, Is the team any closer on allowing PDF'S to be opened in Trello? Thanks

Martin Purmensky January 5, 2022

+1 on feedback with estimated date when this will be enabled.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2022

@Donnie Johnston @Martin Purmensky - PDF previews have been back for many weeks now. If you're still having issues with PDF previews, I highly recommend raising a ticket with Trello Support - https://trello.com/contact

Franklin Tseng May 16, 2022

I have the same problem as a property manager, I need to attach .jpg, .docx. .xls, .pdf files so that my team can look at and act on it quickly. I uses OneDrive for all my files and adding a link does not help when I am attaching half a dozen items, and they all show up with a OneDrive logo and my team have to open each one of them to figure out what I have attached.  

0 votes
Donnie Johnston January 5, 2022

I wasn’t able to view those on the cards before but for some reason everything started working and I started seeing my PDFs today. It actually started working on all machines that had a problem.

0 votes
Edgar October 27, 2021

I'm looking forward to the tool's return.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events