• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Access Custom Field Variables of another Card in Butler Edited

Is there a way to directly access custom field variables such as {{%this}} in Butler, but in conjunction with Find/Lookup? Some equivalent of {found{%this}}?? {{found%this}}???

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Atlassian Team Jul 15, 2020

Not exactly—right now, Custom Fields variables like that {{%foo}} will only return the value of the current card Butler is looking at. For example, if you tell Butler to

Not sure if this is anything like you're looking for, but I found a way to create a sum total off a custom field set in multiple cards in a certain list.

The use case is for invoicing, so I have one list called 'Line items' and one (empty) list called 'Total'. When a card is added to 'Total', Butler will rename the card to 'Total', link all the cards in 'Line items' and then for each linked card set the custom field 'Subtotal' to the value of 'Subtotal'. This doesn't change the value but it will cause another rule to trigger, because it triggers whenever the custom field 'Subtotal' is set. That rule then finds the card 'Total' and updates a custom field 'Total' with the value of 'Total' + {customfieldvalue}. So this only works with the first card in the list 'Total'.

Here are the two rules:

when a card is added to list "Total" by anyone, rename the card to "Total", collect all cards in list "Line items" into linked items in checklist "Line items", for each card linked from an item in checklist "Line items", set custom field "Subtotal" to "{{%Subtotal}}"
when custom field "Subtotal" is set by anyone, find a card titled "Total" in list "Total", and set custom field "Total" to "{{%Total}} + {customfieldvalue}"

I just added this extra action to the first rule:

find a card titled "Total" in list "Total", and remove the "Line items" checklist from the card

This removes the checklist that was created earlier, but maybe you like it if it stays with the card, so it's optional.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

770 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you