Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Form with Streamlit - user defined, dynamically built, with authentication

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2022

Update (May 9, 2022) : Title changed from Trello Form for Custom Fields and More (prototype)

This form is now fully user defined and dynamically built based on board definitions.  You can construct Advanced Checklists with due date and assigned member, work with Markdown for description add location attributes with a map preview all from the form. Permission is granted to authenticated users by Admin.

Sharing this prototype with the community hoping to generate a few ideas on how it can be useful.

• The form is dynamically created from custom fields defined in Trello including the select options
  • Submit allows you to update or create card...it will be a matter of coding it.
  • numbers can be capture as slider
  • ...etc

Other cool features I have included :

• Take a picture
  • Upload files
  • pick a color

So far the only backend coding is to fetch the definitions and to figure what are the widgets to add to the browser.

**Update** supports multiple line detail entry

This would be very similar to Trello Forms by Blue Cat.Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.49.16 AM.jpg

1 comment

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2022

Made some improvement at the backend to support multiple line entry eg to create order line item details as part of an order. Each line because a checklist item.

On the front end, the custom fields including the settings in Trello allow customer to provide details of the order including customer contact, shipping details etc. Since this is dynamic, any change in Trello will be be effective on the form without any for any software change. 

csh May 17, 2022

Can you share the streamlit code you wrote?
I am particular interested if I can identify the user using streamlit somehow, so I can make sure the ticket created and send to the API contains the user who requested it.
Apart from that could you attach attachments without problems and send them to the
API?

@milynnus 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2022

@csh 

If you are keen, let’s setup a call. My contact details are on my profile page and suggest a time for it. I am located in Singapore GMT+8. 

csh May 17, 2022

Sounds good! I get back to you tomorrow :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events