cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How you are currently using Trello?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Today I joined the Nuremberg ACE event, where @Erica Moss presented a great topic about how Atlassian teams internally have been using Trello.  Erica also asked the question to the group how are you using Trello.

I thought I would talk about the few things I'm doing today.  First from the work side of things:

•  We track our Release Deployments and Testing in a Trello board which works out really well for real-time collaboration.
  • We are also looking at starting to use this for retrospectives (I so a really neat template during the presentation that I think I'm going to take a look at)

On the personal side of things:

• My wife and I weekly use Trello to build our meal plan and also a grocery list in two separate boards.
  • The meal plan we will regularly add entire recipes to cards which we can drag and drop depending on what we plan to do in a given week.
  • For the Grocery list board, we will add a card with a checklist for what needs to be purchased.  We also have an additional column to add items with a cover picture so we know what to look for if the person doing the shopping isn't familiar with the item being purchased.
  • Lastly, I have recently scheduled an Atlassian Certification Exam and I'm putting together a board which will be my study plan which will help me ensure that I stay on track and prepared ahead of having to write the exam.

A few of these I think might be great template ideas for a new community badge that has recently been added here.  If you are a fan of both Trello and badges you should check it out!

I'm curious what others are doing, I find hearing from others in the Community always gives me great new ideas I've never thought about myself.

3 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon Thanks so much for sharing, Jimmy!

Matěj Gajdošech August 3, 2020

I use it for my "week tasks". It means these tasks do not have a special date I should do it but I need it to be done in a specific week (and I do not want to have it in my personal/work calendar).

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Built a couple of apps using Trello and an Low-code platform :

1) a “as a service” Butler add-on using the HTTP Request so that it can be used with other commands. It also has a sandbox to review, test and launch the modules

2) custom power up for checklist automation and dashboard.

3) a learning portal with its own registration and course content repository. 

4) several telegram chatbots to trello boards for hitch, delivery, takeaway food ...etc (good learning but did not launch)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events