Atlassian ruined Trello

George_Roca June 3, 2020

Trello used to be my favorite productivity tool.

It always worked flawlessly for me, for years.

Then, Atlassian came in.

Since then, it's gotten incredibly buggy.

Cards no longer update on separate devices.

Boards sometimes won't open for unknown reasons.

What is Atlassian doing it to actually bring value to what was previously a product that worked just fine?

7 comments

balboah June 4, 2020

really annoying indeed. After many annoyances started to occur (boards not loading or being slow, notifications and e-mails about Atlassian account) we switched to todoist.com for daily work stuff.

For personal stuff it also seems Siri shortcuts a.k.a. workflows for iOS has stopped working after years of no issues.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with Trello such as being unable to open a board, or not seeing updates to cards across different device platforms.  These are certainly not expected behaviors.  I tried to recreate both the card update across device platforms, and the inability to open boards, but so far this is working as expected for me.  I am not personally aware of any known issues that would cause these behaviors, however I think it would be best that when you have something like this happen, that you create a support case with our Trello Support team.

You can do this by going to https://trello.com/contact and click the Ask Trello Support button there.  It is important that when end users have technical problems with the product that they raise these with our support team.  This is the best way for us to address those problems and work with you towards a solution.

Trello has grown considerably in the past few years, that article notes some of the improvements Trello has seen in recent years, such as the integration of Butler, and the suggested actions. 

I hope this helps. Cheers,

Andy

Like # people like this
Pavel_Groznodumov June 12, 2020

Hello Andy!
Can you answer me, for what reason had to limiting one acc to one email address without possibility to use both accounts in the same time in a separate tabs!!! As example, go to google page, log in in your acc, then open in new tab another google page and log in another acc, and you can use both ac's in the same time!

What the damn?!
Ok. I split my acc's and now what? I need relogin between work and private accounts every time??
And how about trello gold?
I need it on work account, but it stay with private acc.
Brilliant idea!
"- Hay Bill! I have an idea! We separate acc's with multiple emails addresses.
- Hmmm. But what about users? I don't think they will love this idea.
- Bill! Who cares? Do it!
- Ok."

Be honest. This is how your colleagues do it?

Now, instead of working I have pain in ass and need to figure out how to make it all comfortable again.

It is very disappointment situation.

I use trello long time, now I finally approached to upgrade my account to a business plan, but after this somersoult, i probably will see how it go...

P.S.
Maybe my speech was to harsh, but I hope you understand that I not personalize it with you, but with your company and decisions which she make.

With best regards.

Like # people like this
Pavel_Groznodumov June 12, 2020

Thanks to Firefox , I find the way, how to manage one part of this problem.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/ 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@George_Roca it's probably just them coping with an increase in demand. Overall I have noticed several really great initiatives since Atlassian acquired Trello and it's filled me with optimism that they're not just going to "Jirafy it" (which was my first thought).

I have 4 different software products that all rely on Trello, and several clients for whom I've written custom business workflow systems using the API. I was doing this before the acquisition and ever since, and haven't noticed any degradation beyond garden variety blips on the radar.

Filipe Paiva July 22, 2021

Because of your x*tty censorship that didn't let me post you also lost of context and good feedback.

And I didn't vent properly.

xh*tty all around!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Filipe Paiva 

Please review our rules or engagement.  While I can see that at least one of your previous posts was filtered by our site's spam filtering service, I removed the other post because they both violate our terms of use for our site.  If you continue to post here against our rules your account can be banned from the site.

I understand you are frustrated with some aspect of Trello, but so far from reading your other posts I don't know what specifically has frustrated you here.  Please try to keep the conversation and criticism constructive.  You are welcome to voice your frustrations here, but simply saying a product is bad doesn't really help us to make it better.

Thanks

Andy

Rijk van Wel August 17, 2022

Yup, Atlassian has definitely ruined Trello for me. I had years worth of boards full of ideas, notes, travel destinations etc. Then a while back I deleted a Bitbucket account that I didn't use anymore, not realising it was now linked to my Trello account (how are users supposed to keep this is mind??!). The site did not warn me about this, and now all my Trello stuff is inaccessible, I've talked to support but they cannot do anything since I deleted my user.

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

balboah August 17, 2022

I can recommend Todoist as a replacement. They have a "cards view" as well as list view, whichever you prefer.

Been using it ever since Atlassian got involved in Trello

Rijk van Wel August 17, 2022

Thanks, I'll check it out. I am using Airtable now for my project management, which is nice because you can totally customise it to your liking and create multiple views.

AndrewW February 10, 2024

I quite agree. We had to ditch Trello as they will no longer allow us to pay via invoice unless we spend more than $10k per year. Seriously. Their greed knows no bounds.

It's depressing. We have switched to awork for our international project team. Trello is a non-starter for us now.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events