Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Collaborator Limit for Free Trello Workspaces

321 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

@Cristian Suarez you can have more than one board, but you can not have more than ten boards on the free plan.

Amanda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2024

I have tried to remove users from the boards as this goes live on Monday and it does not allow us to remove the users , Do we have to wait until then to do this? 

There is one that is an admin that I cannot get removed and then 3 others that I need to remove. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

300+ comments on here - lots of folks with questions!  @Dreamsuite Mike and I are doing a livestream in the morning, April 8th at 9am EST/8am CST, and we'll be happy to chat about some of these changes and try to answer questions live if you need any help figuring out what these changes mean for you and how to figure out what it's going to cost you or how to get rid of collaborators you don't need any more. Feel free to come join if you have questions or want some help! Join the stream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR29HnSCXYs

Like # people like this
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2024

@Amanda If those users are admins of the board and you're not an admin of that same board, you won't be able to remove them from the board menu. However, if you go to the Workspace members and Guests pages, you should be able to remove them there.

Like # people like this
Thereza Cristina Pereira Balthazar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

Tenho um quadro com 9 colaboradores e não consigo adicionar o 10º? como devo proceder?

mahoko waga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 10, 2024

I want to add 10th collaborator into our board but not successful - it says "This free Workspace is at the 10 collaborator limit and no new collaborators can be added." There are currently 9 people on the board including the admin, what can I do to add one more? 

Sara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 11, 2024

The administrator of our workspaces no longer works with us, how can we change/add a new administrator? (it is already an active member on our workspace). Thank you

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2024

@Thereza Cristina Pereira Balthazar @mahoko waga The limit is for the entire Workspace, rather than individual boards. Although the board that you're using may only have 9 members, when all Workspace members and the members of other boards in the Workspace are considered, the total number of collaborators across the Workspaces is at least 10, which is why you're seeing this message.

Caity
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2024

@Sara We have some tips for this situation here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/changing-the-admins-of-a-workspace-or-board/

I'd start with option 2: Recovering an account by password or email address.

Like # people like this
Pascal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 12, 2024

Hey :)
for a sustainability student projekt we use Trello. We're now around 12-15 Members. Some only need to Work with one Board.
We don't need most features. Is there a way we can keep using this (at least for one more semester, till we have the capability to change our workflow).

->P.S: You do good work. I understand that you need the money and you deserve it. Unfortunally it's not possible for our student project -.-)

M105 April 13, 2024

We have 3 workspace member and 7 multi board guests

Our understanding was that we have to pay 5$ per month and be able to keep 10+ collabs in our workspace

But seems that you make us pay for each (10 licenses), that's way too much and not reasonable

Please confirm if this is right?

600$ per year is not acceptable, we will look for alternatives otherwise

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

@M105 

I assure you, if you go to another software, your will find similar. 

The best thing to do is see if any multi-board guest can be converted to single board guests. 

Take a look at the community and also check out the content @Brittany Joiner has on YouTube and you can find some top tips to help organise things

https://youtube.com/@britt_joiner?si=c2l04PERl6--ueUYhttps://youtube.com/@britt_joiner?si=c2l04PERl6--ueUY

Also...The free premium trial has been extended to 30days, take advantage of this...

Christie Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 14, 2024

The email I received about the change in Trello says "You're getting an extended 30-day free trial. To help with this change, on April 8, 2024 this Workspace will be eligible for an extended, 30-day free trial of Trello Premium, with no credit card required. Trello Standard and Premium Workspaces can have unlimited collaborators.". I reduced my members to 9 with 1 guest before April 8th. I then clicked on "upgrade to premium" on April 8th. The countdown showed only 14-day premium trial (to now end it 8 days!!). How do I ensure I receive 30-day? I'm in the middle of using the tool to organize a university conference that runs May 8 and 9.

I will not be permanently upgrading to Premium for conference organization. We will be moving to an institutional free platform as we cannot afford the costs.

M105 April 14, 2024

@Dreamsuite Mike Don't mind paying, but it has to be reasonable, especially for small teams.

We cannot convert multi board guests.

Like Neil S likes this
AVcorder Official
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 15, 2024

Subject: Concerns Regarding Recent Changes to Trello Collaboration Limits

Dear Trello Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to share some feedback regarding the recent changes to Trello's collaboration limits, particularly the introduction of limited collaborators on each board.

First and foremost, I want to express our appreciation for the valuable service that Trello has provided to our team over the years. We have relied on Trello extensively to manage our projects efficiently and effectively, and it has been instrumental in streamlining our workflow and enhancing collaboration among team members.

However, we are writing to express our concerns about the recent changes to Trello's collaboration model. While we understand the importance of profitability and the need to introduce new pricing plans, we are disappointed by the restrictive nature of the changes, particularly regarding the limitations on adding members to multiple boards.

As a team that values flexibility and agility in our project management processes, these new restrictions have proven to be quite frustrating and disruptive to our workflow. Being unable to add a member to more than one board severely limits our ability to organize and delegate tasks effectively, ultimately hindering our productivity and efficiency.

In light of these limitations, we have been exploring alternative project management platforms such as ClickUp and Bitrix24, which offer more flexibility and fewer constraints on collaboration. While we would prefer to continue using Trello, the current restrictions have compelled us to consider other options that better align with our team's needs and preferences.

We understand that changes are necessary for any platform to evolve and grow, but we urge you to consider the impact on existing users before implementing such restrictive measures. We believe that by listening to the feedback of your loyal user base and revisiting these limitations, Trello can continue to provide a valuable and user-friendly experience for all.

Thank you for taking the time to consider our feedback. We sincerely hope that you will take our concerns into account as you move forward.

Best regards,

Like Neil S likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2024

Hi @AVcorder Official 

Please take a moment to check this article out...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Collaborator-Limit-How-does-it-stack-up-against-the/ba-p/2635162 

While Bitrix24 isn't on the list, there are also some other ones like MeisterTask, Workstreams.  These all have merits and potential but not sure are quite mature enough.

Clickup also looks very generous but it limits things in other ways, like limiting number of field entries on free and also limiting guests on paid plans to those outside of the organisations domain, something Trello doesn't do...

My conclusion is that Trello has been good, perhaps too good for too long from a free and paid pricing perspective and this change had to happen.  I think it pretty much puts them on par with the rest of the software out there for pricing.  

AVcorder Official
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 15, 2024

Hello, thanks for the reply. I wasn't talking about free. I want to opt for the paid plan in Trello, but in 10$ plan, we have limitation of multi board guest. at least you can give that feature in one of the paid plan other than enterprise. And by your reply, I feel you don't care about customer loyalty at all. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2024

@AVcorder Official 

I will start by saying that this is a user-based community so although you will see members of the Atlassian team very active, those answering questions are typically fellow users, independent consultants and experts.  If you want to directly communicate with Atlassian, this isn't the best place for that...

I do not work for Atlassian, I love Trello, I am a Trello consultant and have been using it long before Atlassian acquired it.  I don't have to agree with what Atlassian do and many times I don't.  However, I also work consulting and using a lot of other software.  I can tell you that the Trello offering is still one of the very best value solutions out there, even despite this change.

Regarding loyalty, I don't care if you stick with Trello or not if I am perfectly honest.  In fact, as an independent consultant, I would want you to use the very best solution for your business. If you're selecting purely based on price, I am saying you probably won't find other solutions being significantly cheaper...

Just to clarify, there is no limit to collaborators on paid plans...That means there is no limit of multi-board guests in paid plans at all.  You just have to pay for them!

Have a read through the article and take a look at the alternatives, just bear in mind that things aren't always better elsewhere and you have to factor the hidden costs of introducing a new system.  

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Caity
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2024

@Christie Stewart If you started your trial earlier in the day on April 8 than when it was switched to 30 days, you would have gotten a 14 day trial. When your trial ends, you should be able to start a new 30 day trial.

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this
Andrew Haberberger May 7, 2024

@Caity - Can you confirm for me two things:

1) I need to move all of my boards under one workspace. Assuming that everyone is a member of that specific workspace, when I move the boards, everything (assignments, dates, etc.) should stay intact - is that right?

2) I have 10 co-workers who are all a part of the above mentioned workspace. If I follow the prompts in the picture for my given workspace, everyone will be upgraded accordingly, is that right? No action needed on their end?

Trello.png

Caity
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2024

@Andrew Haberberger Yes, you've got that right!

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events