Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Trello πŸ†“ Collaborator Limit - How does it stack up against the competition? πŸ‘€

If you use Trello free and are reading this, you are likely to know about the changes coming to Trello Free workspaces...

Screenshot 2024-03-10 11.23.44.png

If you have managed to miss this change, check out the links below:

Update on Collaborator Limit for Free Trello Workspaces 

Collaborator Limit for Free Workspaces 

🚨 NOTE: This article is not going to get involved in the discussion about the rights and wrongs of this change, merely address one of the common comments from people...

Now I am going to have to move from Trello to something else....πŸ€”  

So, how does Trello stack up against the most common alternatives?  

There are some important things to mention...

1. Every single piece of subscription has complex bits in its pricing structure and Trello is no exception.  This is designed to be as simple as possible.
  2. It does not compare the product features or capabilities, that is a story for another day...
  3. This doesn't include every software out there, just the most common

πŸ†“ Free

Simple Free User Comparison.png

πŸ’² The cheapest available paid option....

Simple Paid User Comparison.png

🧐 My take-away's from this?

1️⃣ Trello has probably been the most generous free offering on the market for as long as it has existed.  

2️⃣ Even with the upcoming limit on number of collaborators, it is still one of the top free solutions out there

3️⃣ For the cheapest paid tier, Trello is incredible value 

To Finish...

I understand for those using Trello Free, this change is going to have a big impact and is very disappointing but...

1️⃣ As well a being free, remember why else you use Trello compared to other software.  I am biased but I have also used all of the competition and always come back to Trello because it is #@!%ing awesome!

2️⃣ Moving from Trello and getting comparable features is unlikely to be any more affordable and could even cost more, including the hidden costs of setup, migration and training etc...

3️⃣ I know this for sure, this Trello community is by far the best compared to the competition.  The level of support you will get here, the depth of answers and the active role the Atlassian team plays in responding is unrivalled, I promise you....

4️⃣ It is likely that things aren't as bad as they seem.  Over the coming weeks, the Trello Community Experts are working with the Trello team at Atlassian to provide content to help you navigate through this and make your workspaces efficient and affordable.

2 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Thanks for putting this together @Dreamsuite Mike ! It's a really helpful analysis to see how Trello stacks up against the others. I've always found Trello's free plan to be fairly generous, and it's nice to see that even with the recent changes, it's still fairly generous.

Like β€’ # people like this
Alicia de ORGANΓ­ZATE CONMIGO March 13, 2024

Great @Dreamsuite Mike Good comparative, thanks. 

Like β€’ # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events