Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Collaborator Limit for Free Trello Workspaces

321 comments

Ellen Cordie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

Hi, 

We're building a board and a lot of people only need viewing rights. Do they all have to have a premium license just to view the board? They are not collaborating.

Or is there another way to give them free access to view the board? 

I would love to have more information about the best license for our needs, but can't seem to get in contact with your sales support.

Thanks

Mike Amaral March 19, 2024

Hi Ellen, 

I am beginning my journey into a premium membership and have stumbled on some information that might be helpful. I also discovered that you can remove members form your workspace and they will remain as guests on the board. All guests are free as long as they are only on one board. https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/board-guests/

Thanks

Mike

Like Ellen Cordie likes this
Jeanie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

There are a lot of comments, so I don't know if someone asked this.. But if I take the standard plan am I billed for any numbers above 10 since it's "Per user/month?" I have 13 people that are currently collaborators, so will I get billed 3 x 5 per month or is it 13 x 5 per month? 

Gary Vokes March 20, 2024

So can I have multiple free workspaces (with 1 member) with 1 board on each workspace, each board with 10 or less collaborator? Can the collaborators be on multiple boars if they are on different workspaces?

Mike Amaral March 21, 2024

I believe they are restricted to one board before they get charged. 

Dina Smith March 21, 2024

@Ellen Cordie  You can also make a board public and share the URL with those that need view only access.  Then those individuals do not need to be members or guests. 

Like Ellen Cordie likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

@Stephen Moffatt 

This article was released on March 4th, that is just over 30 days to phase 1 in April where the only thing that will change is that you can't add any more people to the workspace if you are over the workspace limit.

The date in which your workspace becomes view only if you are over the limit is on May 20th, which is @~60 days from now.  Thats a total of 90 days, which seems pretty fair to me...

Instead of being outraged by this, I recommend you look at the options available.

On April 8th, Atlassian will enable a free 30 day trial of Premium to all users.  Make use of it to organise your boards and users to be as efficient as possible from a billing perspective.  

Best case, you can set it up with just 1 workspace member and 19 single-board guests and you'll only pay $5/month for Trello Standard

Worst case, for 20 workspace members or Multi-board guests, you'll pay $100 a month for Trello Standard.

Likely case is probably somewhere in between.

I will finish by saying that you've been very fortunate to have had Trello Free with unlimited users for so long but.  If you are using it for >10 people who all collaborate on multiple boards, you probably should be paying.

I have done a comparison here, Trello is still up there as one of the most generous offerings.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Collaborator-Limit-How-does-it-stack-up-against-the/ba-p/2635162 

Jeanie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2024

Does anyone know if  I take the standard plan am I billed for any numbers above 10 or will I be bill for the total of 13 people so "Per user/month?" I have 13 people that are currently collaborators, so will I get billed 3 x 5 per month or is it 13 x 5 per month? 

小池綾美
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2024

If you invite 1 member and 14 guests to a paid plan workspace,

Is the fee only $5?

Invite guests as the first board.

Thank you for your reply.

Ivan dos Santos Justi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2024

Hello!

As already answered in another question, we also have a similar situation to the reported by @김소민 , we work with different boards with 30 to 80 user per board. Each user moves, adds photos, comments, documents to cards daily, would we also be able to continue this use upgrading just 1 account to Trello Standard @$5USD/month? If so, would be required 1 Standard account per workspace?

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

@Jeanie All 13 users would be billable if they are members on the Workspace or guests who are members of more than one board in the Workspace. Guests who are only members of a single board are free.

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

@Ivan dos Santos Justi Upgrades apply to the entire Workspace rather to than individual users. All members of the Workspace, as well as all guests who are members of two or more boards, would be included in the total billable user count. Any guests who are only a member of a single board within the Workspace, however, are free.

So, you would not be able to upgrade just a single user within the Workspace, but it's also possible that you may not have to pay for all of the collaborators in the Workspace—it depends on how many board's they're on and whether or not they're a member of the Workspace or a guest.

If you'd like to see in advance how much it would cost to upgrade your Workspace, you can find that by going to the Workspace billing page. To navigate there, click on the down arrow next to "Workspace settings" in the sidebar, and then click on "Upgrade workspace." You'll be able to switch between monthly and annual billing on that page to see how much each option would cost for either Trello Premium or Trello Standard.

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this
Fanny Grossfeld
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 23, 2024

Hi,

We, in our company, use 8 boards, all collected in 1 workspace, and have over 60 members.

Private, I have also 1 board but that’s not to pay as I am the only user. Correct?

If I understood correctly, from now on, we must pay per member?
I cannot delete boards as these have each a different use and purpose. 
We work with 2 type of members: those who can do more like adjusting the boards, and those who can do basics like adjusting cards.

Is there a loop to downsize the costs as much as possible?

Thanks for the help!

Szymon Jocek March 25, 2024

Hi, 

We're using one board created (and owned) by one of the managers. We now want to upgarde to Standard or Premium option BUT it would be paid by a different person (the owner of the company and not the manager). Can we somehow shift (or extend) the ownership of that board to the company owner? That person is already an admin on that board but I don't think that solves the problem. Thanks

Omolade Alabi March 25, 2024

We currently have a free workspace where we've been able to get it down to 9 collaborators and we trying to remove the guest users as it's no longer required. How I do i get my profile updated to 'Admin' to make these updates pls? (We are currently unable to locate who has 'Admin' access internally) @Erika Storli 

Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2024

@Omolade Alabi in a free workspace, all members are considered admins. They all have the ability to add and delete users, and add and remove boards. If you want to be the only admin (with additional admin privileges - details here) then you will need to upgrade to the paid plan. 

@Gaurav Kataria Thank you for your response. To clarify, the action we are trying to take is to remove all guest users who no longer need access to the workspace, but we are not seeing any options to perform this action, we've only been able to remove workspace members,hence why the assumption is that it might require some kind of Admin access. 

Caity
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2024

@Omolade Alabi Although all members of a free Workspace are admins for that Workspace, if the person you want to remove is the admin for a board in the Workspace, or if they're a member on a board that you don’t have access to, you may not be able to remove them right now. However, I have some good news: free Workspaces in Trello are getting some new admin tools this week that will allow you to fully remove any member or guest.

These tools will be available to all free Workspaces in the next few days, so you should be able to remove any guest from the Workspace by the end of this week.

Like Gaurav Kataria likes this
brian_creery
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Hello!  If I have 4 free workspaces as the Admin and each workspace has 1 board with 5-6 guests for each board, would the upcoming billing upgrade on 4/8 impact me if I leave this setup as-is and don't upgrade to Prem/Standard? Also, Is there a limit to the number of free workspaces I can have?  Thank you. 

@Caity  Thank you Caity! I'll look out for these tools! 

Thiago Gabriel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Right, my association is charitable, non-profit, but it is Brazilian and does not have an NGO classification, so I will have to pay for everything without a discount, right?

And what would this payment be like? Would 1 Standard user on a board be enough for 200 people to be added?

小池綾美
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

1人のメンバーと14人のゲストを有料ワークスペースに招待した場合、料金は5ドルのみでしょうか?
ゲストは1つ目のボードに招待されている場合で考えています。

高木まりあ
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

1人のメンバーと9人のゲストで1つのボードを使用している場合、無料プランのままでも5月20日以降も全員が今まで通り使用できますか?
それともゲストを8人に減らさないと閲覧専用になってしまいますか?

Ristiono
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Hi hello.

How do we choose 10 members collaborator in our trello board?

Fanny Grossfeld
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2024

Does anyone get replies on their personal topic/ question? 🤔

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events