Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate and deactivate users in Trello

Stefano Vidonis February 27, 2022

I experience different behaviour when I attempt to reactivate a user form Atlassian Admin versus Trello Enterprise admin g.u.i.

• I'm unable to reactivate a user from Atlassian Admin (the user profile page) although there is a buttor for that there.
  • I have tryed the same procedure from managed accounts page and had more luck with that.
  • The 100% right way to do it is still form Trello Enterprise admin. 

We have deactivated hundreds of (long) inactive claimed users by means of scripting both in Trello Enterprise and Atlassian Admin, is there any known issues with that?

1 comment

Comment

Matt Dolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2022

Hi Stefano! Matt Dolan here, product manager on Trello Enterprise.

It's important to note that there's a subtle difference between the two routes:

- Deactivating a user's Atlassian account in Atlassian Admin makes their entire account inactive, across all Atlassian products — they will not be able to log in or do anything within their account.

- Deactivating a user within the Trello Enterprise Admin Dashboard deactivates the user's access to all Workspaces and boards within the Enterprise but doesn't make the user account itself inactive. For example, that user may still be able to log into Trello and access boards that are not part of the Enterprise, and can log into other Atlassian products.

Therefore, in a case such as when an employee leaves the company, it's best to deactivate their entire account via Atlassian Admin. Deactivating via the Trello Enterprise Admin Dashboard is more suitable if the user no longer needs a Trello Enterprise license but is still an employee and may need to use other Atlassian products.

It is possible to deactivate a user in both places, but as they deactivate different things (the account vs the account's access to Trello content) it may be confusing if you do so.

I would recommend using Atlassian Admin for deactivating long-inactive users. You should then be able to reactivate in the same way if subsequently needed.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events