Highlighted

Atlassian Certifications

Brittany Wispell Community Champion May 01, 2018

Hey everyone!

Let's chat atlassian certifications! 

I am curious on how everyone else prepared for the exams? And how long you were actively using or administering Jira or Confluence. How long did you give yourself to prepare before you took the exam. 

I had a test instance stood up to poke around and do some of the use cases from the Jira admin & Agile exam and same for Confluence. 

Any other tips or tricks that helped you? 

7 comments

Zack Seibert Community Champion May 02, 2018

I got a lot out of the training available for each certification. The quizzes/sample questions were great for getting used to the types of questions that were on the exams. The thing I liked most about the sample questions though was the thorough explanations of why the right answers were right, but more importantly, why the wrong answers were wrong. 

I've been using Jira/Confluence for around 5 years, but the bulk of my experience has been on the server versions of the applications. Having a cloud instance to play around in was helpful when considering the differences between the platforms.

I have been using Atlassian Tools for almost 5 years.

For the AC-600 I organized myself by creating a Trello board to track my progress. I had 20 days to get ready and take the test.

I studied the topics that should be covered for the test then requested an account from Atlassian for my labs.

For the ACP-100 I am planning a different approach this time. I will definitely use Trello to track my progress again and work hard on some topics that I missed on my previous attempt.

I also have a personal Confluence cloud account where I have a page dedicated to prepare for my exam. For each topic I have links that had some valuable information so that they are easy to find when I start reviewing.

When I took the ACP-100 and shortly after the ACP-200 I've been using/administering the tools for maybe 4 years. I had three days of intense preparation for each exam, working through all objectives and walking through the documentation and the tool to fill objectives with content/knowledge. Also testing happened a lot. So a real deep dive and it worked. Maybe don't try to force the preparation into 3 days with 12 hours each. ;)

Is there still ACP-600 Can be taken as Beta (For free?).    I missed the opportuity in the race of 200 lucky people out there.   

Hi Sridhar, the certification is not available for free anymore, but luckily it is cheaper than the other available ACPs and only costs 100USD. :)

Thanks .. Appreciate your quick response

The admin guides helped a lot

JIRA Administrator's Guide / Confluence Administrator's Guide

also setting up the case studies.

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you