cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you learn for the certificate exam? Confluence and JIRA

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2017

Hi, How did you learn for the certificate exam? Confluence and JIRA

Does anyone have tips of how to  learn for the certificate exam? Confluence and JIRA

10 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2017

Hi Naama! Do you know Atlassian University already? We provide a lot of resources there such as recorded and live courses. 

To make it easier for you, you can also find them organized by product at University Training.

Lastly, if you've already decided which certification would you like to obtain, you can jump to that certification page and follow our advice there. We include recorded exam preparations so you know what to expect, relevant courses and tips to help you get ready. You can see an example at ACP-100 JIRA Administrator.

Hope this helps :)

Ana

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

Thanks, Ana 

1 vote
Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 20, 2019

Hi Naama,

You can check out our blog post on how to get certified, it is a step-by-step guide that  highlights the key aspects of the Atlassian certification process.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Useful hint!

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

Hi Naama,

I have more than 2 years of experience as JIRA Administrator.   This may not mean much since each person's experience is different.  In my case I had enough flexibility  to learn things on my own but as the company grew and there were more teams using JIRA the freedom to try new things decreased.  Experience is probably the most important factor but it wasn't enough for me.  The exam is challenging and I failed the first time. Then I used the JIRA Administrator Certification Prep (On Demand) offered by Atlassian University which gave me direction to prepare (again) for the exam.  I used the Community to ask questions related to scenarios that I didn't understand well.  Of course, first I tried myself since this is the best way to learn. I also read a book, "Practical JIRA Administration" by Doar which was very helpful.

1 vote
elkrivertom December 1, 2017

For me, I have been administrating JIRA for over 5 years. When I needed to take and pass the exam for a new job opportunity I did the following things:

- Purchased the ACP-100 Exam Prep course ( I went through it about 10 times)

- Took lots of notes on what I needed to polish up on and areas of JIRA I had never used due to my previous job. And took my own notes on important areas to remember. These turned into my own personal study notes.

- Read the entire JIRA administrators guide at least 3 times

- Setup a test JIRA 7.x system and played with every feature so I understood it.

- Created a Cloud JIRA instance to re-enforce the delta between Server and Cloud

- Installed a JIRA 6.4 instance to remind me of what changed between 6 and 7.

Overall I spent about 3 hours a day for 2 weeks playing with every feature, reading, and reviewing.

I passed my first time.

I am currently prepping for my JSD exam following the same principles as above.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Debra Lippold October 15, 2019

Congratulations!  Sounds like a great methodology.

0 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2019

Try to practice: some questions may be tricky and you will need so-called "hands memory".

0 votes
Salini Sreepathy August 30, 2018

Does anybody have study materials for ACP 500 Certification for System admins. There is only 6 sample questions in the exam details page. Please help.

0 votes
Sridhar Gandla May 20, 2018

hi ...Just focus on doing more hands-on and parallel reading books to get sucess. will you reach me to understand and discuss better..I am also sailing in the same boat

0 votes
DanaC December 15, 2017

Sorry for the cross post 

I’ll chime in here as best I can from mobile.

i took ACP-500 around April this year. The best things that helped was experience setting up all the products both in a test and production environment. I had been server admin for Atlassian products for the last 5 years and system administrator for our other systems for the last 20.
Atlassians online documentation does a very good job as well as if the link is still active they had a full tutorial setup for both JIRA/Confluence instances something about slaying dragons.
Understanding the basics of tomcat structure and as well as writing simple plugins (sample/tutorials) help as well as least in my case to get how each application lifecycle works.

Salini Sreepathy August 1, 2018

Will you help with links to documentationfor server administration?

@DanaC

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2017

I cleared ACP-100 only with my work experience. I didn't buy any study materials. But, had spent considerable time with Atlassian product documentation and JIRA application. Since, most of the questions are scenario based, should have deep knowledge on the application. If you have 3-5 years of work experience as JIRA administrator, would be able to crack ACP-100. 

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2017

Hi Naama,

I've recently passed the ACP100 and the main source of knowledge is obviously your experience. If you need to get more confidence, I'd advise you to check out the release notes frequently to get to know what's released and how it work. You might also want to read the documentation on topics you don't feel comfortable with.

As suggested, University is also a good option with good tips!

In general you have to know the products and how to design solutions with them respecting the best practices so the community and networking is a last good manner of getting some input :)

Good luck for your preparation!

Cheers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events