ACP-420 Managing Jira Service Projects Certification 2023

Ubaid Eusuf Zai January 10, 2023

Hello people,

I am preparing for ACP-420 certification as mentioned above. Took ACP-120 last week.

I am following the recommended path as per Atlassian university.

The courses don't seem to be updated. Lots of things are different in the instance than in course.

Wondering if there is any latest course available for exam preparation? Would appreciate an update from Atlassian-Team who knows what's up in realtime.

Thanks

3 comments

Comment

Tracy Stimac January 10, 2023

Some of the difference may be due to whether your instance is Server or Cloud.

Ubaid Eusuf Zai January 13, 2023

I have that in mind. This actually makes things more complicated since it's hard to differentiate if you haven't worked in it. 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

The concepts are the same if not similar. The courses are the ones you find on the Atlassian University page. There are also YouTube videos that cover areas of this topic.  I find it better helpful to sign up for an instance and practice over and over again to get familiarity with the features. Often times, you'll end up playing or using a feature that hasn't been covered in a course. That the case in many applications. 

-Ben

Like Ubaid Eusuf Zai likes this

Thanks for your input Ben.

I have a JSM instance where I can practice. But one thing that helped me in my ACP-120 certification; it was the exam preparation course. ACP-420 doesn't have that. 

Besides, there is no practice test other than certification page.

Could you recommend a few yt channels that you think are good help?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Welcome.

On this page, it list the courses that would be helpful for the exam:

https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/890656-acp-420-managing-jira-service-projects-for-cloud

Each of the courses cover the main areas of JSM. Of course, it needs to be supplemented with hands-on practice.

-Ben

Ubaid Eusuf Zai January 16, 2023

I have gone through all these courses twice. When I attempted the sample test, it still felt somethings were missing. The courses are not updated with changes in cloud.

I am looking for extra resources that could compliment my preparation. At the moment I don't feel confident I will do well.

You mentioned some yt videos. Could you recommend some?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

When going through the sample question, make sure to fully understand the ones where you failed. 

Focus on the highly weighted areas of the exam and master them through practice. 

Videos can help when you don't understand something through practice but watching video alone does not help. That's from my own experience. Atlassian has a bunch of video's on their YouTube channel. Just search exactly what area you struggle with and use the YT video as a guidance/reference. 

https://www.youtube.com/@Atlassian/videos

I don't recommend any videos. Practice the exam topics on your own instance is the best way to study the exam in my opinion since it has help me pass all the Atlassian exams I've done.

https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/890656-acp-420-managing-jira-service-projects-for-cloud

After you practice and gone through the exam topics, read through the list once again to check off the ones you feel confident explaining. Those topics you don't, go back and practice. 

-Ben

Ubaid Eusuf Zai January 19, 2023

My man! I am already practicing on Jira instance. To be honest Atlassian need to up their game when it comes to related courses for cloud.

You can't just expect everyone to have 2 years of experience before taking certification.

Anyway, thanks for your input and let me know if you come know more than what you've already mentioned above.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2023

Hi @Ubaid Eusuf Zai ,

You don't need 2 years of experience but it would help. As someone who has pass the ACP-420, I can tell you that the test focus primarily on features that been there and hasn't been much change around it. So, even the course is still relevant for the exam as long as you understood the concept. 

Like SLA, Queues, Portal, request types, and JQL...

Good Luck on the Exam!

-Ben

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events