Pramodh Kumar M shares why becoming Atlassian certified and helping others globally go hand in hand

We're super excited to highlight @Pramodh M: Community Leader, Atlassian Certified Expert, ITIL-certified, and more.

Uncover the Atlassian University learning experience with Pramodh, who was able to achieve his certifications and Pro Skill Badges in record time. In this showcase, he shares his motivation and inspiration for how he was able to learn key concepts using Atlassian products to help the community.

We hope you love hearing his story on helping others within the global Community and how this can empower you to earn certifications within your learning journey.

Pramodh.001.jpeg

Hi, Pramodh! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself + your role?

I am Pramodh from a small town—coffee land—in India, working in Bengaluru. My interests are solving puzzles! I’m a DevSecOps Consultant with 2.5+ years of experience implementing the Atlassian Stack, GitHub, & JFrog for delivering value to customers.

I’m well-versed with DevOps best practices and implementation of business solutions across Windows and Linux environments, as well as the Cloud environments Azure, AWS & GCP. I also have good knowledge on Shell Scripting, Node JS and leveraged expertise in Jenkins, Git, Docker, and Ansible.

How did you hear about Atlassian products, how do you use them today?

I started my journey with Atlassian two years ago when I got my first job right after graduation. Working for an Atlassian Platinum Partner company, we use Premium offerings of Jira Software, Jira Service Management (JSM), Confluence, and Bitbucket.

We use JSM to track our customer support requests for services, Jira Software as a playground to provide services on agile practices, automation, advanced roadmaps, and test out workflows to name a few use cases; and Confluence to provide documents, How-To’s, and troubleshooting guides for our customers.

Why did you decide to become an Atlassian Community Leader?

As much as we can know everything about a product, there’s always something new that we can also learn from others to gain experience that helps us to learn even more. The Atlassian Community is a platform that allows us to help ourselves and help others. What better way to serve the Community than by being a Leader?

How much experience in the products did you have, and how much was supplemented with Atlassian University to prepare for these skill badges?

Two years ago, I began gaining knowledge with internal training and customer projects. Fast forward to now, work experience and knowledge from earning the University Pro Skill badges was helpful in understanding specific areas within products in order to help me troubleshoot problems.

pramodh.jpg

How did you motivate yourself to learn and study over time to accomplish all of your skills and certifications?

It brings me joy to learn new features, and I get to help our friends & community. I get to see the tasks or any requirements friends or community members need, and I try to do it in my environment, which is exciting!!

What does it mean to you to be certified in Atlassian products?

It means everything!! After knowing a product for years, it becomes an integral part of my life. It also inspires me to explore more of the new features in the Atlassian stack of products.

💡 Learn how to get certified with Atlassian

What’s your philosophy when it comes to learning/growing in knowledge?

There’s always more to learn. My goals are short-term when I plan to learn something, but achieving the goals one by one will surely lead to “big feet.” To put it simply, a brick by brick makes a wall!

What’s one tip you’d give a fellow Leader or an Atlassian user to take the next step in their learning journey?

Take a step back and evaluate where you are and if you need to improve to discover where you need to focus and start learning. University courses will definitely help in getting necessary knowledge on what the products do along with troubleshooting guides, which we can use for day-to-day tasks.

What courses would you suggest for new Atlassian admins or users?

It’s always essential to learn the basics of the product. I suggest that admins/users get essential knowledge through basic courses, and then move toward admin courses.

For experienced professionals, why would you encourage them to earn Atlassian credentials?

What better reason to get a credential when the company that built the product wants you to support you with certification? It’s also fun to answer the questions as an expert and recall information. You think to yourself, “Oh yes, that’s the answer, I came across this issue the other day, and I was able to solve it!”

What do you hope to inspire others to do through your story?

While gaining knowledge is one part of my story, the real message I want to convey to the Community today is the path and journey I have enjoyed though years of Atlassian learning to get here. It’s always fascinating when you explore something, want to get the task done, and feel happy when the task is done. Right? Learning and creating those tasks are the reasons for inspiration. So, learn more and help others more!

CSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]_250x250.png

Thanks, Pramodh! Keep eye out for more in our #AlwaysBeLearning series and earn our exclusive badge in our Kudos program by:

• Liking five posts in the series

• Commenting on at least one post

• Sharing at least one post to social media

Make sure you request to join our Kudos program first! We’ll have more fun surprises throughout the month, including something special for our most engaged users. 😉

Feeling inspired? Learn how to get certified with Atlassian University. We're here for you every step of the way!

26 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Well done, Pramodh!! And thanks as always, Sharon, for the articles!!

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Great job Pramodh.  You have made the community experience better for everyone.  

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

Well done Pramodh 👏👏👏

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

congrats and keep up growing pramodh, 

great achievement. 

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 27, 2022

I am super proud of your journey and how engaged you are with the Community! Keep it up!! 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Good going @Pramodh M . When you feel learning is fun so is the thought of solving and empowering others to solve is... more joyous. Keep rocking 💐👍

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Awesome for you, Pramodh!

Like Pramodh M likes this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Good job Pramodh!

Tosha Liveoak September 28, 2022

Great job, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3691224 !  And thank you for the article @Sharon Tan ! 

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

Well done, Pramodh!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Pramodh M it's nice to get the know the person behind the famous avatar I have seen all over the Community in your contributions as a Community Leader. You do embody the spirit of your inspirational quote. Cheers to continued success!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Congratulations, Pramodh!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Thank you all for your well wishes!!

Keep Learning!!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Nice job Pramodh

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

Congratulations @Pramodh M !

I finished my journey to Atlassian Certified Expert Sep 3rd, and now helping team mates in their journey for certification, is pretty clear that the knowledge we gain in the path, is more valuable then the titles itself!

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Well done @Pramodh M !

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2022

Congratulations @Pramodh M !!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

Thanks all for the well wishes!!

Michiel Schuijer October 24, 2022

Inspiring!

Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

Great Job and Inspiring one!!

Sridhar Gandla December 13, 2022

Great..Well done !! Great Job and inspiration for everyone...

Venkataramana Annamaneni December 13, 2022

Great Job!

Sridhar Gandla December 14, 2022

Inspiring story !! Well done.

Like # people like this
Mithlesh Singh February 21, 2023

Congratulations! Great job.

Thanks for inspiring me to keep learning. 

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce that the Atlassian Organization Administrator Certification Exam (which is on the path to becoming an ACE, Atlassian Certified Expert) is now officially available! 

The Exam Success Course is included in the exam purchase price and has loads of practice questions, exam hints, and learning content.

Check out this announcement: NEW CERT ALERT 🚨 Announcing Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin.

Best wishes,

Atlassian University certification team

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events