It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

10-week study plan for ACP-300 Agile Development with Jira Software

This certification (along with ACP-400 Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator) does not require years of experience as a Jira Administrator which was part of the reason I choose this as my second certification to study towards and achieve.

Unlike ACP-600 Project Administration in Jira Server, the certification prep course guides you need in what you need to study not what information you need to know i.e. it gives you the questions you should be able to answer not the answers themselves.

For that reason, this study plan has 3 phases including product training tutorials, examination preparation videos, and time for studying before sitting the exam.

WeekTask
1Enrol in 'Agile Development with Jira Software', download and read Exam Topics ACP-300 Agile Development with Jira Software. Download the Jira Software product documentation.
2Watch Getting Started with Jira Software
3Watch Getting More from Jira Workflows
4Watch Jira Reporting and Dashboards
5Watch Agile Development with Jira Software Certification Prep Welcome, and topics 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
6Watch Agile Development with Jira Software Certification Prep topics 6, 7, 8, and 9
7Read Agile Development with Jira Software Certification Prep Case Studies, watch topic 10 Case Studies, and complete Course Wrap Up
8Have an hour study session. Review the exam topics PDF and answer all the questions.
9Book your exam. Have an hour study session. Review the exam topics PDF and answer all the questions.
10Have an hour study session if needed. Review the exam topics PDF and answer all the questions.

Do I really need to all of those courses?

No, of course not. Even the highly recommended certification preparation course is not prerequisite for sitting the exam.

This study plan makes use of the training that is available as a suggested approach and also because access to (some) of these are a perk for being a Community Leader and/or working for an Atlassian Solution Partner.

Image result for study gif

How did you study for ACP-300?

8 comments

Jimmy_Seddon Community Leader Oct 15, 2019

@Kat_Warner__TechTime_  This is awesome!  I still haven't done the ACP-300 cert yet so I'm going to use this and I'll let you know how things go!  Thanks for putting this together!

Like Kat_Warner__TechTime_ likes this

@Jimmy_Seddon - I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks for the advise Kat, I will follow this process. Have you taken the exam yet?

I passed ACP-300 last year and have my renewal coming up soon. I did not use this guide however I do have someone in my team following it right now.

Like Tim_Keyes likes this

Congratulations, this is very encouraging. Can you provide me any tips? Did you find the exam very hard? What material did you use to study?

To be honest if feels like a lifetime ago. I used the certification prep course and relied on my existing experience with Jira and Aglie practices to see me through.

@Kat_Warner__TechTime_tHanks again for putting this recommended study plan together.

Note: Getting Started with Jira Software no longer exists for purchase/use, you may want to update the plan to include Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset ($300) and Learn the Basics with Free Tutorials instead :)

Regards

Nathaniel

@Nathaniel_Simpson - a few of my articles need updating after the great updates made to Atlassian University in December 2019 and January 2020.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Training & Certification

Atlassian University Live: Harness the Power of Issue-Level Security in Jira Projects

Atlassian University Live webinars provide you and your teams with the chance to strengthen your Atlassian product skills, and learn directly from Atlassian experts. This webinar covered how t...

450 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you