Is it possible to create a logic for the custom fields between tasks and sub-tasks?

Aleksandr Lobov January 26, 2022

Hi all. I would like to ask the following question. Is it possible to create a logic for the custom fields between tasks and subtasks? For example, in both parent task and sub-task I have created a custom field "Value Creation, USD" which is integer field. Is it possible to setup the logic when the numbers mentioned in the sub-tasks are summed up in a parent task?

For instance:

1. Sub-task 1, "Value Creation, USD" - 100

2. Sub-task 2, "Value Creation, USD" - 200

Then it summed up and shown as a 300 in the field "Value Creation, USD" on the parent task automatically. Would appreciate any help and information if it is possible to implement this case

1 answer

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2022

Hey @Aleksandr Lobov 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

Yes we can do this in automation for jira.

We can use Lookup issues smart value and get the sum custom field of subtasks to parent.

Please check this thread here with similar use case https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-sum-custom-fields-in-parent-issue/qaq-p/1900751

Let me know in case, I can help you to write one.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer