Import projecst

karmele.florentino January 25, 2022

If you import a project that does not exist in Jira, how can you indicate the project template you want to use?
In the Jira fields that appear in the drop-down menu, there is none of them related to the template?

Thanks
Karmele

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

That's not what project import does.  The import takes the config from the Jira you are importing from.

karmele.florentino January 28, 2022

I am not importing from Jira, I use a Csv file to import projects from other system and I would like to use a specific template I have created in Jira. In the cvs it is posible to indicte the project name, project type,... but not the project template. This is my question, how I can indicate the template to use.

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2022

Ok, but that still applies.  Project import imports issues into an existing project.  It does not create a project.

karmele.florentino January 31, 2022

If the project does not exist, using import from a csv file create the project.

My question is, is it possible to indicate the template for that project?

As far as I know it is possible to indicate :

Project NameProject KeySummaryType

But I don't know how to select the template you want.

thanks for your help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

You don't.  The import will create a simple standard project without using a template.

Suggest an answer