Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hi! I'm Dom Price, Atlassian's expert on team culture, agile and the future of work. AMA

Viewing page 3 of 3

61 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Dominic Price,

Aside from software development, I think that almost all of the other industry can utilize Agile methodology. So, when shouldn't you be Agile? I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Cheers!

Nguyen

I mean... when you're dealing in matters of life and death (building a space shuttle, developing new medicines, etc) shipping early then iterating doesn't really seem like the thing to do... 

Hi @Dominic Price,

in addition to Micky's question, what is your opinion on the LESS framework and what do you think where they have their strengths.

Thanks 

LESS' strength is that it’s lightweight on purpose. Typically teams may go from a single scrum team to a ‘scrum of scrums’ (maybe 3 teams) and then to LeSS. So it provides all the same rituals of scrum, just at scale, which is also good if those practices are already familiar to a team.

When will we be seeing markdown in Jira?

Hey Louis, unfortunately we can't disclose our future roadmap as we are now a public company. Check out Jira.atlassian.com for a live repository of all customer requests. 

Ok: not a question. But! Several people have already asked for the slide deck from Dom's keynote at Agile2018. You can view it and download it on SlideShare. (The speaker notes have been tidied up and are available in the "Notes" tab.)

"Stay agile, San Diego!" 

How should an organization working in a traditional way(waterfall) be transitioned to be agile? What is the path to be followed?

This is a popular question! I'll quote what I wrote to answer Danny's question above. Feel free to let me know if there's any aspects of your question I haven't yet covered!

"Every organisation is different so there will be many ways for this to succeed. One way is to harness the energy and passion your people already have. Find those most passionate about being more agile and give them all the help you can to make them successful. Then you and they can showcase their success to encourage others to join the movement.

For those appearing resistant, maybe they feel forced to change and meeting them where they are will be more effective. Lose the A word and instead use the practices and behaviours that agile encourages to help solve the challenges they have today, Once this starts to work maybe they'll see the benefit; worst case they'll continue to improve and they'll become more agile regardless.

Also, before you talk frameworks (the solution), make sure to ask questions like "why?" and "what for", so you know the real problem you're solving. "

What is the best way to calculate forcast velocity for the current version.

In my Backlog i have user story for next version also.

Hey Santhosh.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for.

Is it this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/velocity-chart-777002731.html

Let me know and maybe we can re-ask the question in the Jira section of the community?

0 votes
Deleted user Aug 09, 2018

Thank you, Dom!! For your time and wealth of information... @Dominic Price

Thank you taking part

Yes, thank you! Do you plan to do this type of thing again in the near future? I would love to point our user communities to it in case they missed this one!

Hey Dom,

You talk a lot these days about remote work.

Do you think Atlassian would open its hiring up to a global candidate base for product/design and engineering roles?

0 votes
FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Aug 14, 2018

Excellent discussion @Dominic Price ! That's a great slide show... was the key note also recorded?

Couldn't see a link. 

In the spirit of all topics "A" related... what about the question Agile vs agile!? So many companies say they're agile... but do they really practice being Agile? 

Do you think efficiency & effectiveness can be improved by understanding the difference and living by it better?

@Dominic Price  In your Agile Alliance talk, you used the stat 

78% of people don’t trust team mates

I'm having trouble finding the source document.  Do you have it? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Team Playbook

Do you try to make room for more of the work you love?

Most of us are probably pretty familiar with traditional Retrospectives. But we’ve got another variation for you to try – and we think you’ll really like it! It’ll not only help you make room for doi...

1,319 views 18 16
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you