Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the same team calendar be shared across pages in the same space?

Alex Davidson October 15, 2014

Use wishes to have a team calendar on space home page configured with the Month view. Then, use the same calendar on a different page configured to use the List view as default. Same calendar, different views, different pages, same space.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Have you tried simply inserting (i.e using the "Insert Page" macro) the page the calendar resides in? This way any modifications will come from this page, but appear on any page you'd like–provided the user has viewing permissions smile

To address the list part directly, to create a difference you can use the macro and reference the same calendar. After inserting into your page, you can then click which way you would like it to display: http://i.imgur.com/S6pvSvc.png

Edited for clarity

Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

i don't think this accommodates differences in the macro configuration across the various pages.

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2014

It does, but after double checking it does look that you can import the same calendar across multiple using the Macro: http://i.imgur.com/ZsUpkSR.png . I'd imagine this is the easier configuration.

Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2014

yep, that's what i was referring to originally.

1 vote
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2014

Yes, this is entirely possible. You use the calendar macro on any page and each page's macro can have a unique configuration. Any calendar can be displayed on any page or pages (in a single space or across multiple spaces).

0 votes
Alex Davidson October 15, 2014

I guess I'm asking if a Team Calendar can be shared within a space where it's configured to display the Month view by default on one page and the List view on another. This is really irrelevant because all the user need do is push the List button on the UI. I was just curious. I really can't see how this can be done so I guess it's not supported.

Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2014

I must not be understanding the difference in what you're trying to say and what I mentioned. When you choose to add a team calendar to a page, you use the team calendar macro and in that you can set how it should render (by default) on that page. In essence that is how you do what you are saying. Each page can have a different default setting. If you are asking how to do that without using macro attributes then I don't think it can be done. There's nowhere to put that configuration other than in the macro on the individual pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events