cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop random unsubscribe to updates in teams channel

Chris Irving
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2022

There is an unsubscribe button on the alerts given through webhook to a MS team's channel.  I would rather have the user leave the channel than click on unsubscribe and remove for the channel.   Is there a way to not have the unsubscribe available for people to click on?

status updated from investigating to resolved

This incident has been resolved.

View in statuspage      Unsubscribe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Hi @Chris Irving,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😀

Understand that you would like to have the "Unsubscribe" button appearing in every message box in your Microsoft Teams channel for the updates from Statuspage to be not operate-able by every user.

Unfortunately, this is not feasible in the current design.

Feature Request

We understand this inconvenience and there is an existing feature request on our system, STATUS-453, for implementing the role-based permission control for users to interact with this "Unsubscribe" button in Microsoft Teams.

However, all the feature requests don't have public access to our customers, so we will keep you posted or you may follow up with us with that ticket number.

Please note that our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Thank you very much for your feedback in helping us improve Statuspage.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Tim Fostik June 15, 2023

Hi Darryl,

Can you share the current status of STATUS-453? This was an item I found in a 2021 forum as well and our use case is the same as the others that have shared this issue. We'd like to use Teams to pipe information from Statuspage but letting any single user break the webhook for the entire company seems like a design flaw.

The value of Statuspage and level of integration still leaves a lot to be desired with what I consider very basic level of configurability on the administrative side.

Like • # people like this
Mikko Surakka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2023

This unsubscribe button practically prevents the purchase of the paid version for us. I don’t really understand the idea of the button because the webhook is defined in the settings by channel admins.. (Emails are unreadable in darkmode)

Like • # people like this
Clint Payton August 2, 2023

I have not been able to get a Teams incoming webhook to function at all.  My webhooks get quarantined on the statuspage side almost immediately.  Can any of you possibly share how you have set this up?  I would even take the unsubscribe button for now! :D

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2023

Hello team,

This is Mubeen I will be happy to help.

For the STATUS-453 update, this ticket is still open with our engineering team. Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide any ETA now every feature request is carefully analyzed by our product teams. Depending on the demand received from customers for this feature and the future roadmap of the product, a decision is made on whether or not to implement this feature

You can also read about our feature implementation policy.

Please note: Webhook subscribers are quarantined after we have made 10 failed HTTP requests to the subscriber's endpoint over the course of approximately an hour. We consider a request to have failed if the endpoint does not respond with a 2xx status code within 30 seconds of us making the HTTP request. On the 10th failed attempt, we will move them to "quarantined" and send an email to the email address we have recorded for that webhook subscriber notifying them of this action.

Here is the documentation to further help with Enabling webhook notifications

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mohammed Mubeen

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events