Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage sandbox

Christopher Boland May 4, 2021

We have a live production statuspage account but we need a sandbox area where we can test some scripts that wont affect our production statuspage nor send notifications. Is it possible to create a test area?
If so, are there any docs on how?

If not, how/where do people test their api scripts, etc?

3 answers

2 votes
Eddy KENTSA September 6, 2022

Is there any update on this request ?

I am in the same situation and would like to test  some automations on a sandbox environment with statuspage. I don't see any way of creating such environment for statuspage, however it is possible to do it for Confluence, Jira Software and Jira Service Management for Cloud premium plans.

Thanks for your help.

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Christopher Boland Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I do not know of any sandbox solutions being offered at this time.  I believe you would need to set up a new site altogether or look at a solution like audience-specific pages. 

You can create test incidents in statuspage but I believe this is different than what you are looking for.

0 votes
Brian Hill March 7, 2024

Having just been through this experience after trying out some of the recent improvements to JSM integration flagged in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-articles/Announcing-new-Statuspage-integrations/ba-p/2618566

I can confirm that there is STILL no viable way to test Statuspage from a Sandbox instance. Atlassian have an internal feature request for it, which I'm advocating for them to make public in JAC. I've suggested Atlassian at least update the Statuspage integration article to make this more obvious so others don't waste their time chasing it either.

Your workaround options for this limitation are "create a dummy Statuspage and a dummy ITSM project in your main site to test with - 

1. Create a dummy ITSM project

2. Create a Public trial Statuspage page (a public page can stay on trial indefinitely at no cost) 

3. Setup the JSM <-> Statuspage app to test with 

The other way, would be to setup a new Atlassian Site with a trial JSM and trial Statuspage, and test it from there. It'll just mean some clean-up effort will be required if you want to delete it later. "

For my purposes, I created a mirror of the main status page in a second DEV statuspage so that any integration experiments can be purged by a page delete if we chose to publish our main endpoint Statuspage.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events