Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing new Statuspage integrations!

Hi Statuspage Community! We are excited to share two new Statuspage integrations now available for use! 

NEW: Statuspage - Jira Service Management Cloud Integration

You can now create and link Statuspage incidents right in Jira Service Management! Save time by notifying customers and employees of incidents and downtime and resolve quickly by managing them in one place.

Important: This integration has to do with the Jira Service Management incident flow and is different from the previously existing app that allowed you to show Statuspage incidents in the Jira Service Management Help Center/Portal.

Here’s how to activate:

You’ll need to be an admin of Statuspage, have access to a valid Jira Service Management license, and both Statuspage and Jira Service Management licenses should be on the same site.

Step #1: Go to “Apps” on the left hand side in Statuspage.

Step #2: Select “Add” on the “Jira Service Management” tile.

Step #3: Afterwards, you can choose to enable Statuspage on all your Jira Service Management projects by selecting “Portal” and adding the projects of your choice or selecting “Issue” and adding the specific Jira Service Management projects you want to enable Statuspage on.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 3.50.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 3.49.57 PM.png

Create a Statuspage incident in Jira Service Management

Once activated, you will see “Statuspage” and “Link Statuspage” on the right hand side of your screen when you are in a Jira Service Management issue.

Issue home (3) (1).jpg

When you click on “Link Statuspage,” it will ask you to select a page you want to link to.

Statuspage _ select page (2) (1).jpg

Select your page and it will display the open incidents of that page. You can connect to open incidents or you can click on “Create Incident” to create a new incident.

Statuspage _ Select incident (1) (1).jpg

Once you have linked to an open incident or created a new incident, here is what you will see.

Statuspage _ Success state (1) (1).jpg

Send comms from Jira Service Management to notify Statuspage stakeholders

You can also notify Statuspage stakeholders to get working on active incidents from Jira Service Management. Starting in Jira Service Management, you will again see “Statuspage” and “Link Statuspage” on the right hand side of your screen when you are in a Jira Service Management issue.

Issue home (3) (1).jpg

Select “Link Statuspage” and fill in the relevant information fields. Once completed,
click “Send comms” to send to the right stakeholders.
Statuspage _ Components added (1).jpg
Once completed, your update will have been sent to the relevant stakeholders!
Success state (1) (1).png

NEW: Statuspage - Microsoft Teams integration

To enable Microsoft Teams, go to your Manage portal, select Subscribers in the left menu, then Options in the top right, Settings, select “Microsoft Teams,” and Save Changes.

How to subscribe: 

Subscribers and admins will now be able to receive Statuspage notifications for public pages directly in Microsoft Teams! Important to note this is not for private/audience specific pages - if you would like this functionality, only the admin can configure it from the App section in Statuspage.

1. Go to your choice of public Statuspage, click on “Subscribe to Updates” in the top right corner, click on the Microsoft Teams logo, and input your webhook URL.

1528131385-image (5).png2. If you have access to the Manage portal in Statuspage, click on “Apps,” locate “Microsoft Teams,” click on “Add,” and fill out the relevant information like channel webhook URL to enable the integration for your channel of choice.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 7.01.00 AM (2).png

How to get your webhook URL (New Teams interface):

If you are on the new Teams interface, refer to this link to retrieve your URL.

If you are not able to see the Incoming Webhook, please contact your administrator, and follow the instructions in the Microsoft Teams help page to update Member permissions for Allow members to create, update, and remove connectors.

How to get your webhook URL (Classic Teams interface): 

Step #1: Click the three dots and then “Connectors” in the top-right corner in your channel in Microsoft Teams.

statuspage_ms_teams_add_connectors (1).png

Step #2: Click “Add” for the “Incoming Webhook” connector.

Statuspage_ms_teams_add_incoming_webhook.png

Step #3: Select “Configure” after you have added the connector.

statuspage_ms_teams_configure_incoming_webhook.png

Step #4: Provide a name for the webhook connection and select "Create."

statuspage_ms_teams_incoming_webhook_configuration (1).png

Step #5: Copy the webhook URL and select "Done." 

statuspage_ms_teams_copy_webhook_url.png

Step #6: Configure this webhook URL either in the public page or within the app section of the Statuspage Manage portal shown at the start. Provided everything is correct, you will start receiving notifications in the designated channel.

Questions? 

Please note that both of these integrations cannot be added to Sandbox sites. 

Have other questions? Please leave any questions and comments below regarding these announcements and we will jump in to answer them! 

23 comments

Gary Blower _eficode_ March 1, 2024

Finally! Amazing. Thank you. This is an often requested feature and we've used Opsgenie linked alerts as a workaround.

Like # people like this
Howard Nedd March 1, 2024

We already have that app for ages but the option you showed are not visible on our end whilst it is installed fro the JSM side of things. Is this some bundled release that still needs to be released? We are looking forward for the feature options Issue/Portal. Currently we can only configure the portal options (in jsm)

Like # people like this
Jacques March 5, 2024

The MS Teams integration explained on this page, only works for the older Teams version. The more recent Teams version no longer has the "connectors" option in the aforementioned menu. Is there another way to achieve this?

Like # people like this
Kevin Davis March 5, 2024

I don't see the Teams notification option in the "subscribe to updates" area as shown. Is this still rolling out, or do I need to change something to make that option visible?

@JacquesYou can find "Connectors" in the updated Teams under "Manage Channel" -- however to your point there is no "Incoming Webhooks" option there anymore, at least that is visible to me.

Stephen Neil March 5, 2024

Are there plans to support JSM Data Centre integration, or will the requirement for Statuspage and JSM licenses to be on the same site remain?

The MarketPlace app linked to in the StatusPage Apps screen does list itself as having a Data Centre edition but when the jar package (v 0.3.14) is uploaded to Data Centre it reports as "Incompatible - Update Requested"

Tim Fostik March 5, 2024

To those asking about the integration with "New Teams", use the 2nd option they provided. That worked great for me. Go to the 'Apps' section of your Statuspage console. Add the teams integration from there. 

Create the webhook in your desired channel to paste into the integration in Statuspage.

a) Select 'manage channel'
b) Select the blue EDIT button at the bottom next to "Connectors"
c) Configure the incoming webhook as normal.

Jim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

next time when sending marketing email newsletters etc, please add unsubscribe link

@Tim Fostik"New Teams" doesn't support incoming webhook connectors anymore, at least not as such. Microsoft has deprecated incoming webhooks in favor of custom Teams apps in the new version of Microsoft Teams. Maybe there is a way to create your own connector as well, but there's no direct way to create an incoming webhook connector anymore.

Elmer Hahn March 5, 2024

Now we need the same jsm integration for Change Requests -> Maintenance Statuspage posts

Like Andy Dalton likes this
Andy Dalton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

Workflow post-function and/or automation to resolve the Statuspage incident would also be nice. Or store the Statuspage Incident ID on the JSM issue.

Also agree with @Elmer Hahn on the requirement for Change Management to Maintenance integration. 

Like Elmer Hahn likes this
Clint Payton March 5, 2024

It's simply not the case that the latest Teams does not support webhooks.  I have this new integration setup and working, it's great.  Here is an MS article updated about two weeks ago describing webhook config in Teams:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/webhooks-and-connectors/how-to/add-incoming-webhook?tabs=newteams%2Cdotnet

Like Patrick Kraus likes this
Clint Payton March 5, 2024

Has anyone found an Atlassian article describing the new MS Teams app's configuration options?
Capture.JPG

@Clint PaytonYou're quite right, I misunderstood an earlier deprecation notice, and the incoming webhooks connector option is definitely not visible to me in "new Teams" integrations as pictured in that document. Perhaps it's an org configuration or permissions issue, ymmv.

Untitled.png

Like Clint Payton likes this
jshippy March 6, 2024

@Kevin Davis  Microsoft has configuration options for what apps are available to Teams consumers. Your Org may have prevented the app from appearing. I'd suggest asking your tenant admin to allow Microsoft apps in the teams store (admin.teams.microsoft.com with config options under the "Teams apps" node on the left)

jshippy March 6, 2024

Is there a JQL field for the statuspage integration?

I'd love to be able to do
`Project=foo AND statuspage is not EMPTY`
for dashboard tracking of tickets significant enough to be on the statuspage.

Like Andy Dalton likes this
Kevin Paulovkin March 6, 2024

Seems this Announcement was pushed out early? Has anyone else had any luck enabling MS Teams as an option when subscribing?

Andy Dalton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 6, 2024

@jshippy I couldn't see one unfortunately.  

Prithwish Basu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2024

@Kevin Paulovkin and @Andy Dalton To enable MS Teams subscription for subscribers, you can go to Manage Portal > Subscribers (Left menu) > Options (Top right) > Settings > Select "Microsoft Teams" > Save Changes.

Note: MS Teams options for Subscribers (1st method) is only available for Public pages. Configuring MS Teams through the Apps (2nd method) is available for ALL types of pages (Public/Private/Audience Specific). Thanks.

Like Kevin Paulovkin likes this
Eugene Pak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2024

@Jacques @Kevin Davis for the New Teams, this link should help you get the incoming webhook. 

@Clint Payton at this time, there's no Atlassian support page for the new Teams instructions but we are working on trying to get one up soon. 

Like Clint Payton likes this
Kevin Paulovkin March 6, 2024

@Prithwish Basu Thanks for confirming - Any reason the 1st method can't be enabled for Private pages?

Prithwish Basu
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2024

@Kevin Paulovkin Given Private pages require access, and information control, there are some technical, and compliance considerations that needs to be sorted out before this can be supported. This is similar to our existing Slack integration, which is also only supported for Public Status pages for the subscriber flow.

Clint Payton March 6, 2024

@Eugene Pak Thanks for the confirmation... I'll look forward to reading one when it becomes available.  It would be easy to make incorrect assumptions about the impact of each of the check boxes without this info.  Also, I would love to suggest a Test button functionality of some sort in the Teams App integration.  Some method of sending a test message to a specific Teams channel to check your configuration before rolling out to a wider audience.

Like 齋藤知慧 likes this
Brian Hill March 11, 2024

Some suggestions:

1. Make it clearer in the article that its not possible to integrate Statuspage with a Sandbox tenancy, saves people wasting time on trying to do integration testing with a Sandbox instance;

2. Not all Teams users have access to the Connectors in a channel, so they need to rely on the use of an automation rule to send alerts information to an MSTeams channel via email instead.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events