cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage in another language than english

Thibault Appourchaux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Hi,

I'd like to have my Statuspage in spanish, I don't really care about having my Statuspage in any other language right now, including english.

From what I read, it's not achievable with a 99$/month subscription: it requires either a Localize subscription for another 50$/month, or to upgrade to a 399$/month subscription which would allow HTML or JS customization. All of this just to translate every Statuspage's builtin messages like "All Systems Operational", "90 days ago" and so on in Spanish.

It seems like paying for a design flaw in this particular use case, which also means that the cheapest subscription plan is 29$/month only if your audience is english-native, otherwise it would add up to 79$/month.

Are there any other options? 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2024

Hey Thibault,
Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community! 

Unfortunately, the basic subscription plans for Statuspage do not offer extensive localization options out-of-the-box, and full localization typically requires additional costs or higher-tier plans. However, here are some alternative approaches that might help you achieve your goal of having your Statuspage in Spanish without incurring significant additional costs:

1. With a bit of customization, you can add a custom header and footer to your Statuspage. This can include some essential translations and important status updates in Spanish. This won’t cover all built-in messages but can provide a significant portion of the page in Spanish.

2. Encourage users to use browser translation features. Modern browsers like Google Chrome offer translation of web pages, which can be a temporary solution for users to see the content in Spanish.

3. Manually update the status updates and other text content in Spanish. While this won’t change the built-in Statuspage messages, it ensures that all your incident and maintenance updates are in Spanish.

While the ideal solution of fully localizing built-in messages in Spanish might require an upgrade or additional services, using custom headers, footers, and widgets can help present key information in Spanish to your users. These methods can provide a temporary workaround until a more comprehensive solution is available within your budget.

Best Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events