Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing component statuses + alignment to admin dashboard

Krystal Gabel July 10, 2023

When updating the "Change the names of component statuses" snippet (https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/\), I'd like an example snippet on how to remove statuses. We want 3 component statuses rather than 5, with 2 of those 3 labels updated to something else.

Further, I figured out how to update the component status labels on the client UI but can we have the same alignment in the drop-downs when creating an incident and selecting a component? It seems odd to have different admin options when creating an incident than what's displaying on the client UI.

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2023

Hello Krystal,

This is Jesse from the Statspage Support team. Thanks for contacting the community with your question about hiding specific statuses and renaming others.

Can you help me understand more about what you want to do? You mentioned wanting three statuses where two are renamed. That means the other two statuses would not be used, correct? Is it possible to accomplish this not with custom code but by not adding that option to the component itself, or are these options you still want to have, but then they would show nothing next to the component status?

We don't currently have this feature regarding changing the component statuses in the manage portal. However, we have a feature request open with our product team to consider adding custom component statuses. The Statuspage suggestion board is unavailable, but if you ever needed to reference this ticket, it would STATUS-158. It is currently in a state of gathering interest. I added this community post to that request to show more interest. Please let me know if I understand your use case correctly and if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events