It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there way to add email address while using "Reply to Customer" Feature?

So in certain scenarios were agents have scheduled call with a customer and they go ahead and create Issue in the system. Now they want to send a communication to the customer, the fix for their issue. If they currently use "Reply to customer " it won't work because they will be the Reporter on the Issue and I didn't find a away to add customers email address when using "Reply to customer". Is there a setting that can allow me to add From and To email address's when sending out a communication?

I am fairly new to this, Will really appreciate your help!

2 answers

Hi Swapnil,

Just checking but is this related to Jira Service Desk? If so, this has been posted in the Statuspage topic. It might be worth posting your question in Jira Service Desk so it can get more visibility and hopefully someone can help you.

Thanks,
Nick (Broadcom)

They should set the actual customer as the reporter. This may mean creating a customer account for them first. 

We have over 100000 Customers who have used our product. Creating customer for each of them is not feasible. And it will be pain for the reps to setup a customer and then update the reporter every time someone new reaches out to them. 

Yup. Your options here are either slowly onboard people one by one as they file new tickets. Or, you can use the API to pre-create all of them: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-customer-post

Boris, 

I understand this but wanted to see if there is any work around. Can you tell me if this Feature request is something that you guys will be providing in you future release?

I am not an Atlassian Employee. You would have to talk to Atlassian about this. I think what you're asking for is Customer creation inline with ticket creation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

Try our new Incident Communication Template Generator

Your customers need to know when your software isn't working as expected - but knowing what to say or how to say it isn't always easy, especially in the heat of the moment. To help make incide...

1,036 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you