Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to require subscribers to choose the components they want?

Chris Migs July 29, 2021

Currently when subscribers subscribe to our status page, all the components are defaulted to "on"...so a customer receives outage notifications for everything.  I would prefer the subscriber choose the specific components they are interested in.  Can this default be changed?  Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Chris Migs 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Subscribers are able to choose which components they would like to subscribe to but your page needs to be on an appropriate plan. To allow users to subscribe by component you need to be on Business or Enterprise plans (Free, Hobby & Startup do not include this).

More information here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/statuspage/pricing

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick

Chris Migs July 30, 2021

Thanks for the reply...Yes, we have a Business Subscription...the issue is my customers who sign up for Status Page notifications are defaulted to get notifications on 20+ components unless they "de-select" components they do not purchase.  I would like to require our customers to click each component they'd like to get an notification for rather than the current default which is to get all components unless they "de-select"

Make sense?  Any advice is appreciated.

Chris

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
ray.adams August 13, 2021

HI,

I don't think that the question. was answered.  The issue is:

When a customer subscribes to StatusPage, StatusPage automatically selects all components.

What we NEED is: when a customer subscribes, NO components are automatically selected.  The customer should select each component they want.

How do we make this happen?

Like # people like this
Chris Migs August 13, 2021

Thanks Ray...yes, you have summarized my question perfectly

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events