Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update the status for a Component Group and not just a Component?

zach.a August 30, 2019

Is it possible to update the status for a Component Group and not just a Component? The component tagging works great, but I'd like to avoid having to take many components for each kind of alert.

I'm currently using OpsGenie to tag Datadog alerts and push the important ones to Statuspage.

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/statuspageio-integration#section-changing-componentincident-statuses-via-alert-tags-optional

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi Zach,

Nick from Symantec here. My understanding is the group/parent component status is derived from the status of its child components. As such you would need to make the changes to the child components to get the group/parent component to change. 

I don't think there is a way to "force" a group/parent's status. 

Thanks,

Nick

Parker Hotchkiss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2019

Zach,

Wanted to quickly confirm that Nick was spot on! Component Groups cannot have a status assigned to them directly, as they are just a logical 'folder' for organization. The components inside the group itself are what have directly addressable statuses.

Parker
Statuspage Support

zach.a September 3, 2019

Gotcha. The Edit page for a component group refers to it as the "Component Name", so I'd hoped they might be treated the same under the hood.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events