Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I display top level component name in Status

Hi, 

I have a Slack integration via Apps (https://manage.statuspage.io/pages/<page>/slack) for my StatusPage which sends a notification during an outage or when a new incident is created. 

This is how it appears on Slack:

MyStatus page

Statuspage Automation parsed a monitoring alert and updated component Foobar from Operational to Major Outage.
Manage your Components
It doesn't mention which top level component "Foobar" belongs to.  
How do I get this included in the Slack notification or is that a limitation ?
Thanks,
Priya

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein Atlassian Team Nov 05, 2021

Hello Priya,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. This is a limitation of the Slack integration. Since this is the Slack integration via Apps, it is taking whatever is in your activity log and sending that in the messages. If you go into your page > activity log, you can see what it will send.

In this case, I would recommend the Slack notifications as set up here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-articles/New-feature-Slack-notifications-for-Statuspage/ba-p/1510473

That does show the group the component belongs to, unlike the one that uses the activity log. Please let mw know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jesse

Thank you for your response Jesse. I'll look into the solution you recommended.

~Priya

Jesse Klein Atlassian Team Nov 10, 2021

Sounds great Priya!

Hope it all works out!!!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

New feature: Slack notifications for Statuspage

We're excited to announce the release of a long-requested feature on Statuspage. Now visitors to your status page can subscribe to get notified in Slack when you report an incident or maintenance. Th...

2,459 views 6 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you