Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I display top level component name in Status

Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar November 4, 2021

Hi, 

I have a Slack integration via Apps (https://manage.statuspage.io/pages/<page>/slack) for my StatusPage which sends a notification during an outage or when a new incident is created. 

This is how it appears on Slack:

MyStatus page

Statuspage Automation parsed a monitoring alert and updated component Foobar from Operational to Major Outage.
Manage your Components
It doesn't mention which top level component "Foobar" belongs to.  
How do I get this included in the Slack notification or is that a limitation ?
Thanks,
Priya

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2021

Hello Priya,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. This is a limitation of the Slack integration. Since this is the Slack integration via Apps, it is taking whatever is in your activity log and sending that in the messages. If you go into your page > activity log, you can see what it will send.

In this case, I would recommend the Slack notifications as set up here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-articles/New-feature-Slack-notifications-for-Statuspage/ba-p/1510473

That does show the group the component belongs to, unlike the one that uses the activity log. Please let mw know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jesse

Priyadarshini R Kolwalkar November 9, 2021

Thank you for your response Jesse. I'll look into the solution you recommended.

~Priya

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

Sounds great Priya!

Hope it all works out!!!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders