cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Add Graph On My StatusPage

ATUL VERMA May 23, 2024

How can I add these Graphs to my statuspage as I have shown below screenshot, 

image.png

I want to add these graphs for my Components which I have implemented on my statuspage as of now my statuspage is looks like the below screenshot, and I want to add the graphs UI as shown above screenshot in my components

image.png

Can I add these Graphs for my Components ?? not for the System metrics ?? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2024

Hello Atul,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. The graphs you are showing are only available as system metrics, which are a separate feature from components. The only chart we show for components is the uptime showcase.

You could technically create a system metric that is based on the uptime showcase by taking the uptime showcase data from the API and creating a custom metric for it. 

You could also create any custom metric and name it the same as your component so that people know it's related.

If location matters, you can likely do some custom CSS, HTML, and JS on the page (with an appropriate plan) to move where the system metric shows up. Beyond that, however, you aren't able to get graphs that specifically link to the components themselves. Hopefully, that helps make it more clear. I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

ATUL VERMA May 27, 2024

Hello @Jesse Klein 

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I understand the distinction between system metrics and components, and I appreciate the clarification.

I would like some assistance with the integration or implementation of this solution. Specifically, I am interested in how to use the API to achieve this.

Currently, I have configured components with GCP alerts and monitoring. Could you guide me on how to use the API to change these components into system metrics?

Or can I Add Time or any more information on the Component if there is any error or Downtime reflect on our Component ? 

Additionally, any examples or documentation references on how to implement this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your support. Looking forward to your guidance!

Best regards,
Atul

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2024

Hi Atul,

Just to be clear, you wouldn't be converting the components to system metrics and you wouldn't specifically be adding more information to the component itself in Statuspage. They really are separate from system metrics. My suggestion was that if you named the system metric the same as the component, you could show they are related but they aren't actually linking in any way.

Furthermore, the API can't add or remove time from the uptime showcase, and there's no mechanism to reflect that. The API can get component uptime data, and you might be able to turn that into a metric.

For creating your own metric, you should follow this information in the API docs: https://developer.statuspage.io/#tag/metrics

Last, I don't have any examples of this. These were more thoughts on how you might be able to accomplish this. I don't recommend trying to convert the uptime showcase data into a system metric. That data is already presented to show the status of a component through time.

What may be valuable is to take the data from your monitoring tool and use that data as system metric data. That might give a better representation instead of taking the uptime showcase data and converting it.

Hopefully, that helps a little more!

Regards,
Jesse

ATUL VERMA May 28, 2024

Hi @Jesse Klein 

Thanks for the valuable information, Now my only concern is to achieve these graph type metrics (as shown below Screenshot), for real-time update for my application that is running in GCP.

Can you please let me know if I want to achieve this graph type metrics what actually I need to do ??

1) Do I need to use third-party monitoring tool like datadog, etc supported by Atlassian Statuspage ??

2) If yes how can I implement this third-party tool with statuspage which shows graph like metrics.

3) Is it possible to achieve these graph-like metrics when I configure it with GCP ??

Or any point which you can clear me on that...

My only concern is to achieve the Graph like metric shown in the Screenshot configured by GCP because all my machines are running in gcp... Will you please help me these solution 

Or can you please explain what can I do to achieve this graph-like metrics 

image.pngHope you understand my problem, looking forward for your esteemed Help..

Best regards,

Atul

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2024

Hi Atul,

1) If you want to monitor services within the Google Cloud Platform, you'll need a monitoring tool. Some examples are Datadog, New Relic, and Pingdom. We also have incident management tools like Opsgenie that do monitoring. Statuspage does not do monitoring, only communication.

2) The system metrics help section has some options for how to link third-party system metrics:

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/what-are-system-metrics/

3) It looks like GCP has some monitoring tools:

https://cloud.google.com/monitoring?hl=en

I would look into that to see if it is useful, but I don't know how that works specifically. If you go that route, we don't have a built-in third-party metric for GCP and in that case, you would use the custom metrics features I mentioned earlier. The data points you would need to get from Google would be timestamped and have a value at that timestamp. These data points can be brought in using the API to create the system metric graph.

Hopefully, that helps point you in the right direction. We don't have specific solutions, but by going either through the third-party monitoring route or using custom metrics with data directly from Google, you should be able to create this graph.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events