cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component administration based off group membership

Nelson Ngamsuntikul
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2024

Hello, is it possible to assign a group to administer a particular component(s)? sd ; is there a way to assign certain components for that Oracle group to administer? 

I've tried searching through the documentation but was unable to find a way to assign a component to a user group?  

I created an Oracle group

image.png

Would like the Oracle group to manage the 2 Oracle components

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2024

Hey Nelson, 
Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Currently, there is no direct way to assign specific components to be managed by certain user groups within Statuspage. The permissions model in Statuspage allows you to assign team members different roles (Admin, Viewer, etc.), but these roles apply to the entire page, not specific components.

For your use case, you might need to manage this outside of Statuspage by setting clear internal processes and guidelines for the different groups and their responsibilities, or by using multiple pages for different groups if the separation is critical.

Best Regards,
Egor

Nelson Ngamsuntikul
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2024

Thanks Egor, for the reply; is there a reason for why it's designed this way?  Are there some resources to guide me on the 'outside' processes/guidelines others use in my situation?  Thanks again

StatusPage Newbie,

Nelson

Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2024

Hey Nelson, 

Statuspage’s design aims for simplicity and security, ensuring that only designated team members have control over the entire page to maintain consistency and prevent misuse of permissions.

Guidelines for Outside Processes:

1. Documentation: Maintain a shared document to track which team members manage specific components.

2. Internal Communication: Use tools like Slack or Teams to set reminders for component owners.

3. Automation: Implement custom scripts or use automation tools to notify owners of their responsibilities.

Thank you,
Egor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events