Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character limits on component list in status emails

Troy Dunton July 14, 2020

When we're sending incident notifications, the name of our products gets cut off in the Components Affected section of the email. It looks like only 36 characters display and then you get the elipsis (...) afterwards.

Because we have component groups, it often doesn't list the actual component at all:

components affected.jpg

In this shot, it didn't even get to the actual component, just the group. Is there any way to increase this character limit or edit the html of the actual email body?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2020

Hi @Troy Dunton , welcome to the Atlassian Community. Nick from the Broadcom team, long-term Statuspage customer.

There isn't a way to expand the component names in the emails. At Broadcom, we make sure that our component names are short and sweet whilst ensuring they are relatable to the service.

If this is something that your team will need, I would suggest raising a product suggestion to the product team.

Thanks,
Nick

Troy Dunton July 17, 2020

I was hoping that wasn't the case, but thanks for helping confirm. I'll definitely add this as a suggestion for the future.

Like # people like this
Andy Ades November 25, 2020

@Troy Dunton did you end up creating a product suggestion for this, if so, can you please share it here?

Like Tim Dolson likes this
Tim Dolson May 17, 2022

@Jesse Klein Hey Jesse. I don't find this in product suggestions anywhere and the issue definitely affects our team at Change Healthcare too.  For some reason I'm unable to submit the suggestion myself, so requesting you do it for us. 

Rather than limiting and cutting off the Components Affected section of a notification email please word wrap to display the entire concatenated Group and Component names.

Status Update Incident - Change Healthcar.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events