Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add custom dropdown to switch between regions (like EU and NA)?

Dheeraj D S September 1, 2022

I have seen in public status pages of some companies an option to switch between regions using links/dropdown. I tried looking into custom HTML section and component groups but not sure how to make it work. How selecting region from dropdown actually switches the content below?

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph September 5, 2022

@Dheeraj D Sthat's a nice find, I like it 😁 Unfortunately, it looks like a customized Javascript and not a default statuspage function. If you scroll through the source code of the page you will find some JS code between row 5667 and 5873. But without knowing how to write JS code this cannot be done.

Also take a look at Atlassians CSS and Javascript snippets for customizations, there you will find a couple of ideas how the page can be customized.

0 votes
Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Dheeraj D S 

I am not sure if I fully understand your request.

In case you are looking for an option to set the AWS region where your data is stored by atlassian, you can check out the (yet not available, but coming soon) feature "data recedency" at Announcing Data Residency for Standard and Premium... - Atlassian Community

If this does not help, please feel free to provide more context what you need to fulfill your requirement.

Regards,

Harald

Dheeraj D S September 2, 2022

@Harald Seyr Thanks for the response. My request was regarding the StatusPage customisation.

If you visit https://status.monday.com/ you could see a drop down at the top-right corner of the banner, where the user could select the region. How is it done? Using component grouping or custom HTML?

Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

Hi @Dheeraj D S 

As I understand, your question is about implementing such a dropdown. If my assumption is correct, then the atlassian community is probably not the right place to ask this question. I suggest you search for a HTML / UI / UX community where such topics are discussed.

Regards,

Harald

Richard Scarrow October 20, 2022

@Dheeraj D S I am looking to do the same as you, have you by any chance been able to work out how to put in a drop down like the monday.com site has?

Thanks

Richard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events