Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i send a Test Notification to test a HTTML Tag

Samantha Kirk June 14, 2022

Hello

Can you advise if there is a way to test a tag before it goes out to all subscribers?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Samantha Kirk ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😃

Do you mean incorporating the HTML tags into Statuspage Incident Creation?

If yes, this is the documentation regarding all the available HTML tags for Statuspage Incident Messages.

This also depends on the capability of HTML parsing per Email service provider.

For example, I just created this test incident on my Statuspage:

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 14.13.51.png

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 14.11.43.png

On my Gmail subscriber, the HTML tags in the Incident Messages are successfully rendered in the Email Notification body:

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 14.11.59.png

Back to your question, there is no such a built-in function to have an internal test before sending the Email notification to all the subscribers, but you can try to:

1. create a new test component
  2. and use 1 testing Email address to subscribe to it
  3. and publish an incident that only impacts this testing component to observe the outcome.

If there is any further assistance required, please feel free to create a support request to Statuspage Support Team and my colleague will help you from there.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Rick Cox October 22, 2022

Hi,

I had this exact question. I want to add tags to make our messages more visually appealing but I want to test first before it goes out to all our subscribers. I thought of adding a test component but then realized it would display on our public statuspage which is not ideal.

Can you add a Description text box to the "Customize email" screen? Today you hard code a message in the email so we can test changes to the footer, etc. If we could enter a message on that page instead we could test all the tags.

Thanks.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2022

Hi @Rick Cox,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the email subject and content(description) of the email notifications are not customizable in the current design.

Feature Request

We understand the importance of this feature, so I have just created a feature request on your behalf.

The ticket ID is STATUS-462.

Please note that all our feature requests are logged on our internal system without public accessible from our customers, so we will keep you posted.

Please note that our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Last, here I attach the documentation of Customize email notification for your reference.

Thank you very much for helping us improve Statuspage.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Like • # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events