Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can StatusPage send sample data to newly set up webhook URLs?

Ryan Marks March 20, 2023

I'm integrating a StatusPage site with Zapier.  To configure the Zap correctly, the Zap webhook needs to receive data.  If configuring the Zap for a business with a low rate of incidents, it may be some time to see any data in Zapier.

Would it be possible for StatusPage to send sample data to newly created webhook URLs?

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Ryan Marks ,

Happy to help!

It won't be possible to generate a test payload upon subscribing with that new Webhook subscription, however I would recommend creating a Statuspage trial and using that to test the Webhook out. You could create a new page, add the Webhook as a Subscription, and then create an Incident to test on Zapier. But again, unfortunately there isn't a button in the UI that would allow you to send a payload immediately, you would either have to wait for notifications to be sent out, or test it using an Incident on your page.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Ryan Marks March 22, 2023

Thank you for your reply.

Would it be possible to open a feature request for this functionality?

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Ryan Marks ,

I have created one under STATUS-561 for the ability to send test notifications. This ticket is internal, but should it be added in a future release of the product, a notification will be sent out to product owners regarding it.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events